What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear of Detroit axle? They sell a 10 piece front end kit with upper and lower control arms, inner and outer tie rod ends, and swaybar endlinks for $245 on eBay. That kit plus the zone off-road steering stabilizer is $325 combined. I think that's a pretty good price. I'm gonna do it myself and do my best to align it enough to get it to a shop for a good alignment. But before I order it is detriot axel a good company

Yeah I went ahead and ordered a steering stabilizer last night after we were talkin about it. lol

The name is familiar but I can't tell ya anything about them as far as Detroit goes.

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz I had the same issue with mine a couple years ago. Had some bubbling on the dog leg. Cut out the section to sandblast/replace metal and realized it was much worse underneath. Had to end up replacing all of the inner wheel well metal. Ended up coming out great though and hasn't shown any signs of rust since.
0AEBAF9C-9CD6-4390-9CFC-149605A89949_zpswgvxoaqf.jpg
AB82DCCA-6B2B-48B8-BFE3-F4AD7C061A07_zpslzaof3kl.jpg
0CF3D928-9FC1-4B3E-A238-6920F7F5BACD_zpsjxazrhxp.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Damn! When I brought it to them originally it was 2 tiny bubbles under the paint, very small, they redid it and it looked great for a few months, then came back much, much larger, with rust starting to bleed through. I really hope they get it straightened out. Rust=cancer! Spreads like wildfire if you don't catch it in time.

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah rust sucks. I had to do repairs in several different spots. Can't have anything nice around here lol. I'll probably have to end up doing rockers in a couple years as I'm sure the salt will take its toll on them eventually. Hopefully they get yours all sorted out with a repair that will last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65