What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FortWorthZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Always my first mod. So much nicer with leds.
Also you don't need to cover your plate on here....or anywhere...lol

Haha I know but it's has a company plate on it still just gotta be careful! But yes it's always my first mod too, the best looking and cheapest mod imo. I need to figure out how to do the mod where I can run my lows/his and fogs all at the same time!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Haha I know but it's has a company plate on it still just gotta be careful! But yes it's always my first mod too, the best looking and cheapest mod imo. I need to figure out how to do the mod where I can run my lows/his and fogs all at the same time!

Search for the 6 hi mod. You'll find it.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your front axles. When you crank your keys that far it put ridiculous stress on them from those extreme angles. I'm runnin 3in keys too but only have them cranked maybe an inch.
Oh I'm used to everyone calling them cv axles. That's another reason I want to bring the front down. And what brand did you go with for your ring and pinion. I know Yukon and motive gear are good ones but what about USA gear. Motive gear has 4.56s in a package for front and back with master install kit for $550 but USA Gear has the same thing but for $480. Both packages use the same brand master install kit so it's just the ring and pinion that are different. Yukon also has a package that's $650

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm used to everyone calling them cv axles. That's another reason I want to bring the front down. And what brand did you go with for your ring and pinion. I know Yukon and motive gear are good ones but what about USA gear. Motive gear has 4.56s in a package for front and back with master install kit for $550 but USA Gear has the same thing but for $480. Both packages use the same brand master install kit so it's just the ring and pinion that are different. Yukon also has a package that's $650

It's my understanding that USA are Yukon gears that didn't quite meet their standards. I myself went with Yukon but I know guys who are runnin USA and haven't had any issues. People say they're noisy but I've yet to hear any USA gears whine or roar. I haven't heard anyone talk bad about Motive gears but I don't know anyone personally who runs them so I can't really vouch for them. I'm sure you'd be perfectly fine goin with USA gears. I would've run them but knowing my luck I would be the one jack wagon who gets a set and they be noisy lol.

Here's a video about how the extreme angles of your half shafts can effect the drivability. He's talking about a drive shaft in the video but it's the same concept with the joints and how the angles have an effect.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a CURT 56584 Custom Wiring Harness (it t-into your stock 7-way trailer plug, and gives you a 5-way trailer plug) so I could hook my LED tailgate light up properly.

All I had to do is crimp on a bullet connector onto the reverse wire, and plug it into the the open port at the end of the 5-way.

20170518_195524_014.jpg
Sorry, didn't take a new picture.