What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok, got a call from the tuner, hopefully should be done within a day or two, but because of the design of the headers and y pipe they can't get the front prop shaft in and they can't use cats or the new muffler I gave them. So no 4wd. Muffler would need extensive, ie expensive modifications blah blah blah. I'm so sick of this crap already. They said the exhaust design sux, better to go with kooks. I said no thx, just finish it and I'll just take it to an exhaust shop. I'm so done with this crap!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

fresh350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, got a call from the tuner, hopefully should be done within a day or two, but because of the design of the headers and y pipe they can't get the front prop shaft in and they can't use cats or the new muffler I gave them. So no 4wd. Muffler would need extensive, ie expensive modifications blah blah blah. I'm so sick of this crap already. They said the exhaust design sux, better to go with kooks. I said no thx, just finish it and I'll just take it to an exhaust shop. I'm so done with this crap!

That really sucks! Sorry to hear that man. I don't think I've ever had a smooth header/aftermarket exhaust install but this just seems ridiculous. Hopefully your exhaust guy will have some better news for you

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished my console shift conversion, replaced crappy Performabuilt with an FLT unit and Yank converter, replaced the dual 40 series with a pr. of 10 series and a x-pipe, and a few small things here and there....

View attachment 74151
View attachment 74146 View attachment 74147 View attachment 74148 View attachment 74150 View attachment 74149

That's some killer work right there!!

Hang in there man. You will get it worked out. Let the exhaust wizards fab it up right.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That really sucks! Sorry to hear that man. I don't think I've ever had a smooth header/aftermarket exhaust install but this just seems ridiculous. Hopefully your exhaust guy will have some better news for you
Stopped by a shop. Going there when I get it back.
That's some killer work right there!!
Thx guys for the positive mojo! Lol

Hang in there man. You will get it worked out. Let the exhaust wizards fab it up right.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished my console shift conversion, replaced crappy Performabuilt with an FLT unit and Yank converter, replaced the dual 40 series with a pr. of 10 series and a x-pipe, and a few small things here and there....

View attachment 74151
View attachment 74146 View attachment 74147 View attachment 74148 View attachment 74150 View attachment 74149
It's fair to say your truck is the reason so many of us have HD hoods. Any reason u didn't just go 4l80? Let's be honest..u weren't ez on that old transmission lol..clean install as usual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Almost sounds to me that the shop is somewhat incompetent... Just my opinion. Hope you get it back soon though!

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just don't want to be bothered, IMO.
I seriously want to see what happens when u spin the end of that y-pipe. Seems like it would line up. I'd massage that exhaust away from the trans and be done with it. A rubber mallet won't do any damage.

The bad with getting a kit like this is you spend the same money as ARH or KOOKS making it fit. I'd ask for another ypipe from speed engineering and let an exhaust shop finish the install. How hard is it to fit a straight muffler? I had my own set of issues with my exhaust so I feel for ya..I spent $400 having a damn muffler installed.basically told 2nd shop to cut out 1st shop work and start over..

It'll come together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz