What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 260 for my Delphi that was at auto zone. I know I could get it cheaper if I waited but time was not on my side. It came with a lifetime warrenty though. Hope your gas tank is almost empty. It can be a one man job if it is. I never even dropped mine completely because I had a little over half a tank left. I used a ratchet strap to hold the end of the fuel cell towards the gas fill up. I used the jack on the front and just kept slowly lowering both at an angle so I could get my hands up there to disconnect all the electrical and fuel connections. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I have a Denali 6.0. Found out from the people at the auto store that there is a difference between a fuel pump for that XL and non XL models of Tahoe Suburbans or Denalis

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I have a Denali 6.0. Found out from the people at the auto store that there is a difference between a fuel pump for that XL and non XL models of Tahoe Suburbans or Denalis

I have a Suburban, so I should have the same tank as a Yukon XL. I know the Tahoes and Yukons do have a different shaped tank, so it makes sense that the pump is slightly different. And I don't mind waiting a few days, we have my wife's vehicle so its not like its my only vehicle. I'll gladly wait a few days if its gonna save me $100. I have had great luck with Rockauto. I've ordered parts and had them sometimes arrive in less than 24 hours.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Suburban, so I should have the same tank as a Yukon XL. I know the Tahoes and Yukons do have a different shaped tank, so it makes sense that the pump is slightly different. And I don't mind waiting a few days, we have my wife's vehicle so its not like its my only vehicle. I'll gladly wait a few days if its gonna save me $100. I have had great luck with Rockauto. I've ordered parts and had them sometimes arrive in less than 24 hours.
Go with that if you can afford to wait. I watched a couple videos online. It's not bad. Getting the gas tank down is the worst part. A lot easier if it's empty. If you have gas. Maybe pump it out till your under 1/8 of a tank. It won't be more than 50lbs than.. don't need any special tools either which is always a plus. Let us know when your done.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with that if you can afford to wait. I watched a couple videos online. It's not bad. Getting the gas tank down is the worst part. A lot easier if it's empty. If you have gas. Maybe pump it out till your under 1/8 of a tank. It won't be more than 50lbs than.. don't need any special tools either which is always a plus. Let us know when your done.

I have just a hair under 1/4 tank of fuel in it. Its a 30 gallon tank so that's about 7 gallons give or take. At 6lbs per gallon, that should be roughly 42 lbs. plus whatever the tank and pump weights, so I'm guessing about 55-60 lbs or so?

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be good. The pump is a pound or 2. I thought gas was 8lbs a gallon but never checked just what I've hear. Here my old pump than the new pump igot from orileys. It was a little taller and the float went the wrong direction.uploadfromtaptalk1467232076627.jpguploadfromtaptalk1467232085927.jpguploadfromtaptalk1467232095926.jpg

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost had 2 more people rear end me in the last couple of days, I was watching the whole time and both were looking down and appeared to be texting.
Maybe it's my smoked tail lights but to me it just appears people are more and more careless however having an all black vehicle I'm sure doesn't help.

Today I moved the extra led brake light socket to the reverse hole since there isn't any tint on that part... It's ******* bright now so there shouldn't be any issues with people not being able to see my brakes!!!

I rarely ever park where I have to reverse out into traffic and always creep out anyways so I should be good with no reverse light, hell people act like they don't see reverse lights anyways lol

image.jpeg image.jpeg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost had 2 more people rear end me in the last couple of days, I was watching the whole time and both were looking down and appeared to be texting.
Maybe it's my smoked tail lights but to me it just appears people are more and more careless however having an all black vehicle I'm sure doesn't help.

Today I moved the extra led brake light socket to the reverse hole since there isn't any tint on that part... It's ******* bright now so there shouldn't be any issues with people not being able to see my brakes!!!

I rarely ever park where I have to reverse out into traffic and always creep out anyways so I should be good with no reverse light, hell people act like they don't see reverse lights anyways lol

View attachment 64153 View attachment 64154

that nali looks so nice you really should clean up your hitch receiver.

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was painted black up until last Friday when a Mits Lancer decided to go under the rear of it.
Coolant was all over the rear and the bumper was pushed down and over to the right, I was able to clean most of it and straighten the bumper/brackets the best I can until I purchase another bumper.

Your right though it looks like shit and now I have to go out there and paint it... Thanks! :)

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was painted black up until last Friday when a Mits Lancer decided to go under the rear of it.
Coolant was all over the rear and the bumper was pushed down and over to the right, I was able to clean most of it and straighten the bumper/brackets the best I can until I purchase another bumper.

Your right though it looks like shit and now I have to go out there and paint it... Thanks! :)

Yeah my wife backed my nali into the side of the damn garage... i gotta get some brackets bent back into shape also. Minesa not as nice as yours though so it doesn't stick out as much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15

Latest posts