What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got pretty dang lucky. Small town of Lonoke in Arkansas has a orileys auto store where the guys where awesome. Bought my boys candy whells we work on troubleshooting it with them in the parking lot. Even gave us all a ride to get closer for my family to pick us up. They restored faith in humanity. The truck has not. Don't have a fuel pressure gage to check it. But I can get it turned on. It idles really rough around 500 RPMs. And then it stalls out. And I kept restarting it and it would keep going no matter what I would change. The fuse was good. When I turn on the car he don't hear the fuel pump kick in. I did open up the fuel bleeder valve when it was running and I couldn't get fuel to even trickle out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yukon Lover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got pretty dang lucky. Small town of Lonoke in Arkansas has a orileys auto store where the guys where awesome. Bought my boys candy whells we work on troubleshooting it with them in the parking lot. Even gave us all a ride to get closer for my family to pick us up. They restored faith in humanity. The truck has not. Don't have a fuel pressure gage to check it. But I can get it turned on. It idles really rough around 500 RPMs. And then it stalls out. And I kept restarting it and it would keep going no matter what I would change. The fuse was good. When I turn on the car he don't hear the fuel pump kick in. I did open up the fuel bleeder valve when it was running and I couldn't get fuel to even trickle out.

That's cool! Sounds just like mine, just looked on Autozone the pigtail is 13 bucks for Delphi.

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had a similar situation back in April. I was driving back home from New Orleans, I was on the hwy dead in the middle of nowhere and I hear a loud PING sound and then a metal on metal scraping sound. I went to slow down and pull over to investigate, and as soon as I pressed the brake pedal my rear tire exploded! Then I felt the brake pedal immediately go ALL the way to the floor. I grabbed the steering wheel with both hands to maintain control. I calmly guided the truck off to the shoulder. I'm VERY lucky I didn't lose it, because having a blowout at 75mph AND losing the brakes, I could have easily fishtailed and flipped the truck. So anyways, after I calmed down the wife and kids, I get out and I see the wheel broken in half and sitting all crooked, the right rear shock bent to all hell, and brake fluid was EVERYWHERE!!! Once I got it jacked up and got the wheel off (what was left of the wheel) I saw what happened. A bolt in the brake caliper bracket vibrated loose and popped out, then the caliper pivoted on the remaining bolt and rubbed on the inner hoop of the wheel which ended up cutting the wheel open like a tin can. Then when the wheel "exploded", it busted the shoke and ripped the brake caliper hose. But thankfully a gentleman stopped to offer assistance, and he actually ended up giving me a ride over 30 minutes away to the nearest auto parts store to buy enough parts to get me back on the road so I could get home. I bought a new brake hose and banjo bolt, copper washers (which should have been 3/8" but they only had 1/2" washers in stock) new brake caliper mounting bolts and a bottle of brake fluid. I ALWAYS carry tools with me when traveling, so I was able to replace all of this on the side of the road with trucks whizzing right by. I rigged it up with the oversized washers and it held, I bled the brakes, and mounted up the spare tire and drove the rest of the 150 miles home wobbling on a busted rear shock. I fixe everything properly after I got it home and ordered everything from Rockauto. If that gentleman had not stopped and gave me a ride to get the parts, I would have really been screwed.
I'm blessed that I was both able to maintain control of my truck, and that this gentleman was in the right place at the right time to offer assistance to me when I needed it the most.

IMG_20160501_184340111.jpg

IMG_20160501_184312788.jpg

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some ************* rear ended me Sat night in his Lancer ES, lucky for me he went straight into and under my hitch destroying the front of his car and the only damage to the Denali is the bumper is slightly pushed over to the right and small scuffs on the lower plastics.
No frame damage or even damage to the hitch however the metal bumper took all of the hit but can find them locally for $50.

I have to chime in on the whole rim situation... I ******* love the fact that I see other people driving around locally with Dub rims, that means they have good taste. If you are modding your car in fear that others may not like it then that's sad. Do what you want and if you want god awful looking rims with the wrong offset then go for it and be different if it makes you happy that's all that matters!

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Some ************* rear ended me Sat night in his Lancer ES, lucky for me he went straight into and under my hitch destroying the front of his car and the only damage to the Denali is the bumper is slightly pushed over to the right and small scuffs on the lower plastics.
No frame damage or even damage to the hitch however the metal bumper took all of the hit but can find them locally for $50.

I have to chime in on the whole rim situation... I ******* love the fact that I see other people driving around locally with Dub rims, that means they have good taste. If you are modding your car in fear that others may not like it then that's sad. Do what you want and if you want god awful looking rims with the wrong offset then go for it and be different if it makes you happy that's all that matters!

Well said I agree 100%
Sorry to hear about the truck,

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry about the rear end man. At least it didn't take out the lift gate. And right on with the mod your truck your way comments. Be the same, be different, but drive it like you are 16 again. Might as well love what you drive and spend time and money putting together. Makes it that much more fun to clean, drive and figure out what else you want to do with the never ending mods/fix list. Ha ha..

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel pump has been replaced. Took about 3 hours. Would've been a lot less because of going home with the wrong part. Auto zone was able to get me a Delphi replacement and it was a easy job now.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ScottyBoy that's crazy how your wheel was cut in half! Glad nobody got hurt, that could have gone way bad. I'm thinking next time a wheel is off I'll be sure to check the caliper bolts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879