What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ScottyBoy that's crazy how your wheel was cut in half! Glad nobody got hurt, that could have gone way bad. I'm thinking next time a wheel is off I'll be sure to check the caliper bolts!

YES! Anytime you have the wheels off, ESPECIALLY the rear wheels, check all the bolts on the calipers, and the caliper mounting brackets. And anytime you work on the brakes, use red Loctite when reinstalling the caliper bracket bolts. If you buy new bolts, they have thread locker already on the threads. I obviously had to replace the bolts on mine since one popped out.
And then I finally found a new wheel to replace the one that got cut in half. I honestly think this would have been a very minor problem had it happened just driving around the neighborhood. But with the caliper rubbing the wheel at 75mph, AND when I pressed the brakes to slow down, that caused the caliper to just dig into the wheel even harder and that's when I almost instantly heard the loud "BOOM".
I had a caliper bolt come loose the same way on a Honda Civic I used to have about 8 years ago. But I was driving about 25mph so it didn't cause any damage at all. I just bought new caliper bolts and replaced them and that was the end of it. On the Suburban, it was bolts, brake hose, banjo bolt, copper washers, new shocks, and a new wheel and tire. I ultimately ended up replacing the pads, socks and the hoses on both sides just to be sure everything was safe to take my truck on road trips again.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my damn luck. My truck killed right up the block from my house. It turns over fine but the engine won't actually start. I'm thinking its the fuel pump, because I can't hear the pump him anymore, plus I took the cap off the fuel rate and pressed the Schrader valve with my ign key and just a very tiny amount of fuel dribbled out. :banghead:
Trying to find someone who will help me tow it back home. I would try pushing it up the street if it wasn't uphill. Then its a really steep incline to get it up into my driveway.

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased the Torque App on my phone and I'm pretty impressed with it. Well worth the $5 for the app and roughly $10 for the OBD2 plugin.

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tough luck on the truck @ScottyBoy The fuel pump was replaced on my Yukon around 203k...I think towing an enclosed trailer on a 2 hour trip was the final straw. No power towing up a slight incline to where I would lose speed going 65 with my foot to the floor. The day after the trip, the truck wouldn't crank.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my damn luck. My truck killed right up the block from my house. It turns over fine but the engine won't actually start. I'm thinking its the fuel pump, because I can't hear the pump him anymore, plus I took the cap off the fuel rate and pressed the Schrader valve with my ign key and just a very tiny amount of fuel dribbled out. :banghead:
Trying to find someone who will help me tow it back home. I would try pushing it up the street if it wasn't uphill. Then its a really steep incline to get it up into my driveway.
That does suck. I just went through this on a family trip. If you can get underneath and bang the crap out of the fuel tank while it is running or trying to run you might be able to get a couple more feet out of it I did that repeatedly after my fuel pump went out and I was able to limp along and drive up a car trailer so I could get mine fixed. Good luck. I would suggest going to AutoZone they have a Delphi which is the exact or replacement. I went to O'Reilly's 1st and they gave me the wrong fuel pump

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got it home. A neighbor helped get it up my driveway. Pushing it up the street actually wasn't TOO bad, but we could not get that heavy ***** up the driveway. What we ended up doing was took the intake tube off, and he sprayed starting fluid into the throttle body to get it started for a second. He walked alongside my truck and kept spraying and I was able to drive it up the driveway like that. It was a pain in the ass because it key killing and it even backfired once, but at least I got that heavy sumbitch up the steep incline in my driveway and got it under my carport. Starting it like that also confirms my suspicions that it was the fuel pump. Its either the fuel pump or the fuel pump harness for sure.
@jcevans7 how expensive was that fuel pump? I looked on Rockauto and they have a ACDelco for $164, a Denso pump for $207, and a Delphi pump for $159.
The AC Delco and the Delphi both say that they are not for "Robust Fuel System" (RPO code -K53). I need to go check my give box sticker and see if I have that RPO code.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper