What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did I do?
I finally drove it. My wife has had it all week.

I did install GM Vent Visors, which I may say look great, Not hillbilly or 90's at all. They fit under the rubber window seal, and are almost un-noticeable and cleanly designed.
I tossed in a set of LED license plate lights that were in my tool box, and that's about it.

It's going to my friends body shop to have an inch chop sawed off of the front retractable steps to allow fitment of the molded splash guards.
He has painted the bug shield to match, but that's an "I gotta see it first" before I decide to mount it deal.. Chrome mirror caps, and off come the 22" and a set of chrome 20" Denali wheels and tires are going on.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did I do?
I finally drove it. My wife has had it all week.

I did install GM Vent Visors, which I may say look great, Not hillbilly or 90's at all. They fit under the rubber window seal, and are almost un-noticeable and cleanly designed.
I tossed in a set of LED license plate lights that were in my tool box, and that's about it.

It's going to my friends body shop to have an inch chop sawed off of the front retractable steps to allow fitment of the molded splash guards.
He has painted the bug shield to match, but that's an "I gotta see it first" before I decide to mount it deal.. Chrome mirror caps, and off come the 22" and a set of chrome 20" Denali wheels and tires are going on.

I'm going to have to see what you're doing before I say anything because what I'm envisioning is a big step backwards :(

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to see what you're doing before I say anything because what I'm envisioning is a big step backwards :(

Funny.
Trust me, nobody is more **** than me. The bug shield could be Unsightly, and that's why I'll have to look at it for a few days on the vehicle before I decide to go permanent. Usually body coloring them make them almost unnoticeable, and they have their advantages, especially in the winter when rock salt pelts the windshield and hood.

The steps? Those will come out perfect. My body shop guy is the best in the area, and he just bought a new 15' Escalade for his wife, and is doing the same thing. Once the flap is mounted, the gap will be perfect. Should have been that way from the factory.
They come off the truck, the front end cap is removed, an inch is chop sawed off, the cap goes back on, remounted, and now the end is out of the way which now allows for a moulded flap to be installed tight and unobstructed. Flat flaps rub..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I never said hack job. I don't know you well but I think i know enough about you to know you're not going to let your ride be hacked. I was thinking more along the lines of the bug guard, going down to 20's and also the vent visors but those pics of them make them look pretty sleek. So the vent visors may have passed :) as big as these K2XX's are I'm not sure about going down to 20s but that's a matter of taste probably :)

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have been more clear of "why" the 20" were going on..
Look where I live. It's the home of rock salt and calcium chloride.
The only reason going down to 20" is winter salt. Let the 20s" get salted and hacked. I was going to buy a set of 17" which would be better yet for winter driving, but I couldn't do that to a Denali.
Next spring, the clean set of 22" wheels go back on.

I'm guessing the bug guard has a 30% chance of making it on the truck. I'll post some pics before I make up my mind. You never know, it may look good, or hillbilly. Either way, it's worth a hundred dollar bill to paint it and see.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I see. Yes that makes perfect sense! :waytogo:

Reaction score
Finally found a pet/cargo divider that fit perfectly! I custom built it for less than $80...

Attachments

• 20141221_165357.jpg
    20141221_165357.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 20141221_165407.jpg
    20141221_165407.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20141221_165415.jpg
    20141221_165415.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20141221_165436.jpg
    20141221_165436.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 89

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found an LTZ grill pop up on ebay, so I grabbed it. The swap was not as easy as I expected. Had to drop the entire front bumper. Not too difficult, just a lot of work because there are so many little bolts. Overall, I love the new look. I also started the fog conversion. Haven't bought the actual HID fogs yet, just waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig on converting to the stock headlight knob that has the fog switch. Off the cuff, it seems like a huge task, so I may just use a universal switch to operate the fogs.

Before:
15797717438_a0d0c32e79_c.jpg

After:
15893043618_b52377034c_c.jpg

15893203300_109bb6a27d_c.jpg

I really like how the LTZ grill flows with the chrome mirrors and chrome side moldings I added too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jethro779