What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a whole lot to say… Pics probably say it all. Our house burned on Christmas Eve and the Suburban also caught the flames and got a bit hot. Too bad my Ring cameras were already out when I drove it from the driveway to the street with the ass end on fire. :flamingdevil: My wife wasn’t too happy when she learned about it, though… Haha!

So yeah, time to start yet another search for a ride for the wife. Loved the truck and had no issues in the 2+ years we had it. Now the damn insurance adjuster needs to off his ass and give me a number. Took them already over a week to decide it’s a total loss. But I digress…

I’ll be back to post pics of the new ride. Hopefully soon.
SO sorry for that happening to you and your family. Is everything OK for you now?

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned her up after the recent rains etc, driving down the road got dust all over the rear hatch but that will be cleaned off soon. Trying to figure out what wheels I want to go with finally. Tough decisions.

Got PDR done on the massive dent on the right rear quarter panel that I bough it with. TUrned out epic.

For reference, the dealer photo, look by the tail light...
BURB2.jpg

Then here we are now... ALL gone.

BURB15.jpg

And some more photos, gota love when black is shinny and clean....

BURB18.jpg

BURB17.jpg

Burb14.jpg

I have toyed with getting an escalade recently with the way the market is falling back down, but I think I will put that off for another year or 2 as this thing is almost paid off, and does everything fine, BBP tune and Exhaust will come soon also.

Happy new years guys.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New tires, Michelin Defenders 285/45/22's
New slotted and drilled rotors and pads all around
New stainless braided lines up front
R/R all brake fluid with fresh DOT 4
I also aligned the passenger rear door that had been bugging me since day one. It was just a tad low on the backside, quick 2 minute fix to raise the striker.

Attachments

• 20230107_162831.jpg
    20230107_162831.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230107_151450.jpg
    20230107_151450.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230107_154633.jpg
    20230107_154633.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 13

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a whole lot to say… Pics probably say it all. Our house burned on Christmas Eve and the Suburban also caught the flames and got a bit hot. Too bad my Ring cameras were already out when I drove it from the driveway to the street with the ass end on fire. :flamingdevil: My wife wasn’t too happy when she learned about it, though… Haha!

So yeah, time to start yet another search for a ride for the wife. Loved the truck and had no issues in the 2+ years we had it. Now the damn insurance adjuster needs to off his ass and give me a number. Took them already over a week to decide it’s a total loss. But I digress…

I’ll be back to post pics of the new ride. Hopefully soon.
Sorry to hear that. Terrible situation. I hope you guys are all ok

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who “flipped the pill” did you need to replace any gaskets when removing the thermostat block from the trans? I’m not seeing a seal/gasket on rock auto or any of those Gm part websites…

Hard to believe there’s nothing sealing that block to the trans? I don’t wanna remove it and not be prepared.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who “flipped the pill” did you need to replace any gaskets when removing the thermostat block from the trans? I’m not seeing a seal/gasket on rock auto or any of those Gm part websites…

Hard to believe there’s nothing sealing that block to the trans? I don’t wanna remove it and not be prepared.
I honestly don’t remember what was there. I had the same concern, but when it took it apart it was a piece of cake. I reassembled it and had no leaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700