What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the stock air intake tube with an Airaid MIT. I must have gained at least 120 rear wheel horsepower with this thing!
Jokes aside, I notice absolutely no difference in throttle response or power etc.
I do however notice a subtle deeper tone to the engine which is what I wanted. When it's time to pass someone on the freeway and it downshifts I can hear a little more growl.
Between the sound and the ability to see much more of the front of the engine, such as belts and hoses, I'd say it was worth the $159.
MIT.jpg

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently posted an older thread were BLACKBEAR tested several of these intake tubes / cold air boxes. Unfortunately, you are correct, this MIT is for looks and sound only...no gains recorded.

but in all, still love the looks of it, and the change in engine tune is perfect.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently posted an older thread were BLACKBEAR tested several of these intake tubes / cold air boxes. Unfortunately, you are correct, this MIT is for looks and sound only...no gains recorded.

but in all, still love the looks of it, and the change in engine tune is perfect.
How much sound we talking? Short of getting a full exhaust I like the sound my 6.2 already makes.. does it give it a beefier roar when accelerating?

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the stock air intake tube with an Airaid MIT. I must have gained at least 120 rear wheel horsepower with this thing!
Jokes aside, I notice absolutely no difference in throttle response or power etc.
I do however notice a subtle deeper tone to the engine which is what I wanted. When it's time to pass someone on the freeway and it downshifts I can hear a little more growl.
Between the sound and the ability to see much more of the front of the engine, such as belts and hoses, I'd say it was worth the $159.
View attachment 362441

Where did you buy it for $159?

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 LTZ. Converted the magnetic ride to Fox 2.0 coilovers, added Xineering 3/4 bypass kit to avoid any warning lights for the suspension, added a 1.5 inch spacer in the rear, KSP upper control arms, and longer end links for the rear. This Tahoe started out as stock loaded with chrome. Traded out the stock 22s for some 20s and a set 265 60 20 BFG ultra terrain tire. Also upgraded the stock air intake with a Jr air intake system (kept the stock airbox) installed Gibson dual sport exhaust, and added a custom tune. No longer your typcial grocery getter! I have a before and after picture to show all the progress.

View attachment 269952
How do you like the KSP upper control arms?