Weird Tire Wearing and Weird Steering Response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmeachem

Reaction score
Im having a problem with my truck that my neighborhood mechanic cant seem to fix

My steering response is horrible to the right but normal to the left. Also my front tires are wearing unevenly on the outside should as shown in the example pic below

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371605694.774543.jpg

I already tried replacing control arm and upper and lower joints and stuff as well as multiple alignments but after the alignment my front tires began wearing unevenly

I appreciate all help in advance

-Mike

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should have it checked out by another mechanic. Obviously something is not right.

kschumake83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the truck seems to follow the ruts in the road too much, that sounds like a caster issue, but the tire wearing looks like a camber issue. Is there any feathering on the tires? as in is the end of one tread lug higher than the next. Was this vehicle ever in an accident? Did you look at the pitman arm, idler arm, and tie rod ends? Can you post a good picture of your tires?

angrysam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have any of your alignment printouts? Seeing caster, camber, toe, thrust angle and SAI would really help.

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed...camber or to much toe would be my first thoughts. But if you have bad pitman or idler arm then you will also have wear due to the alignment having play. Have you taken it to anywhere else for an alignment since this place cant get it right?

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
front end parts checked is one. if the tires are already worn irregularly, you need to replace the tires. i was having alignment problems but narrowed it all down to the tires. all is good now.

OP
OP
mmeachem

mmeachem

Reaction score
Have any of your alignment printouts? Seeing caster, camber, toe, thrust angle and SAI would really help.

No i don't because I've taken it to mieneke and pepboys now i'm going to order some moog idler and pitman arms and supports and get them installed and hopefully that will cure the problem

Thanks

-Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian