Weathertech vs Husky Weatherbeater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are the weathertechs discounted anywhere? looks like the autoanything coupons exlude them?

I just ordered some of the Husky x-act Contour Liners from autoanything. I have weather tech on my pickup but must say that the fit isn't perfect, especially on my passenger side, and I also do not like the plasticy look and feel of them (I like to drive barefoot).

Seems to me like these x-act contours could be the perfect fit for me! They should have the good fit that many of the guys here are referring to (at least in the front) AND have a softer and more cushion feel.

After seeing pics on here of the ill fitting back cargo liner, I decided to go with the weather tech 2nd row back liner. Found a good deal on eBay.

Thanks guys for the guidance...I think I may have the perfect combo now! Never have thought so much about floor mats...a lot of good info on here, thanks!

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having the same problem as a few others with the Husky 3rd row cargo mat being too long and not allowing the tailgate to shut.

After measuring, the Husky mat is 3.5" too long!!

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having the same problem as a few others with the Husky 3rd row cargo mat being too long and not allowing the tailgate to shut.

After measuring, the Husky mat is 3.5" too long!!

Could yours be the mat for the Suburban/Yukon XL, not the Tahoe/Yukon?

Seems like others are saying all of them are too long tho

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could yours be the mat for the Suburban/Yukon XL, not the Tahoe/Yukon?

Seems like others are saying all of them are too long tho

Nope, mine is made for a Suburban and that's what I was trying to put it in.

Even smushed it as much as I could against the 3rd row and the Tailgate still wasn't even close to being able to shut without slamming it, then the mat getting all bunched up.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks man. Maybe you can still return it. I did the husky liners in front and middle but got the weathertech for the rear cause I know others with the weathertech in the back and they love it. I'd say try to return the husky. That seems ridiculous.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks man. Maybe you can still return it. I did the husky liners in front and middle but got the weathertech for the rear cause I know others with the weathertech in the back and they love it. I'd say try to return the husky. That seems ridiculous.

Yep, already spoke to the place I got it from and they're gonna take it back. Gonna get the Weathertech instead.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my Weathertechs today. All 3 rows + cargo area. Fits like a glove, very nice.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my husky e-act contour liners for my front and middle rows. I LOVE the soft feel of the ex-act liners compared to weathertech. Really really impressed with the PERFECT fit in the front row. Dead on exact fit. The second row seem to have a little extra material in the middle seat area (I have the bench seat for a middle row). Nothing excessive and still am going to keep them because of how much I like the soft feel of them compared to weathertech. I would think that in the summer (gets 100 degrees regularly around here) the second row will tighten up and fit perfect.

I did however order the weathertech for the cargo mat. Glad that I did based on others experiences with the husky's. I'm very happy and feel like I got the best of all worlds. Thanks to all these guys on here for the input and helping me know exactly what to order!

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I notice that your front passenger Weathertechs do the same annoying thing my Sierra mats do on the front of the door opening. The dang things never stay straight as a result. I've never had a problem with my driver's side, though.

What latch points are your referring to. Are you talking about the little round things? It looks to me like the Husky has them, as well as the Weathertech, if that is what you are talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb