Weathertech vs Husky Weatherbeater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finally

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ordered the Husky X-act Countour for the 1st,2nd and 3rd row in black and the Husky weatherbeater for the cargo area in my 2016 Suburban. Can't wait until they come !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered the Husky X-act Contour for all three rows on 2016 Tahoe. I put the second and third rows in and they're exactly what I want for that area. (Dog will jump into the second row and just hang out on the liner with the captain's chairs folded forward for quick trips.)

I'm in So Cal and don't have to deal with much extreme weather and I think the way the Husky and Weathertech liners edging over the door jam plates will bug me in front (not my problem in back.) I'm now thinking of either OEM all weather mats or maybe liners for the front. The pics online at chevrolet are tiny and horrible. Anyone have some better pics? Maybe Denali 132 before you switched them out?

And I'm still torn on the back-back. I don't see an answer to whether any of them fold easily if the third row was to be used on the fly. (Sorry if I missed it.) Thanks.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
No pics of the all weather GM mats I had in before I took them out but I could put then back in the front and take pictures if that would help you. If you want I could put them all back in for pictures. Let me know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I'm still torn on the back-back. I don't see an answer to whether any of them fold easily if the third row was to be used on the fly. (Sorry if I missed it.) Thanks.
I take my back-back piece out when I use the 3rd row. I could probably roll it up and cram it behind, but I think doing that repeatedly would cause the edges to crack.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions:

1) Where's the cheapest place to buy the Husky Weatherbeaters?
2) Which cargo liner do I need? I was thinking about going with the Weathertech one on the cargo liner. I have three rows of seats. Do I need the regular cargo liner or the extended?
3) Does the Weathertech cargo liner fit better than the Husky? That's what I've read.

Denali16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Couple of questions:

1) Where's the cheapest place to buy the Husky Weatherbeaters?
2) Which cargo liner do I need? I was thinking about going with the Weathertech one on the cargo liner. I have three rows of seats. Do I need the regular cargo liner or the extended?
3) Does the Weathertech cargo liner fit better than the Husky? That's what I've read.

1) Not sure
2) depends on if you have your 3rd row up or down most of the time.
3) i have the weather tech behind the 3rd row and I hate it. I'm wishing I got the husky to match the husky I have up front. The weather tech doesn't have any "nodules" to dig into the carpet so even though it is the same size as the cargo area, it slides backwards and curls up slowly. Drives me nuts.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pricing for Husky pretty much remains static. They did have a 10% sale around xmas on their site and I saw matched pricing on AutoAnything.Com

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Not sure
2) depends on if you have your 3rd row up or down most of the time.
3) i have the weather tech behind the 3rd row and I hate it. I'm wishing I got the husky to match the husky I have up front. The weather tech doesn't have any "nodules" to dig into the carpet so even though it is the same size as the cargo area, it slides backwards and curls up slowly. Drives me nuts.
Actually, the aggressive spikes that are on the Husky liners are not on the cargo liner. But it's thick and does not curl, and large enough to not slide - it extends an inch or two beyond the lip of the floor. I like it.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get the Husky cargo liner then. I always have my 3rd row seats in place and sitting up. So should I get the regular or extended one?

And what goes in front of the 3rd row seating? I notice the full set of Husky only has the two fronts, the one that goes in front of the 2nd and the cargo liner. But nothing for in front of the 3rd row.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get the Husky cargo liner then. I always have my 3rd row seats in place and sitting up. So should I get the regular or extended one?

And what goes in front of the 3rd row seating? I notice the full set of Husky only has the two fronts, the one that goes in front of the 2nd and the cargo liner. But nothing for in front of the 3rd row.
There is also a 3rd row liner product that sits at the feet of the 3rd row seats and wraps around the edges of the buckets. I think Husky sells the 1st and 2nd row together as one product and the 3rd row as a different SKU.

I have to take out the cargo liner whenever I raise the 3rd row as it's big enough to be a liability rolled up back there taking up what cargo space is left. I have not seen a product that only covers the part of the cargo area that remains when the 3rd row is up, though I know Weathertech makes a thing like that for the Explorer.

3girls1boyYukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
upload_2017-1-10_13-26-36.png I have the Weather Tech all around my XL. Agreed, the curl up ends suck! I did a little custom cut and tuck with my door jams. Excuse the dirty floor mats. NY weather is gross, STILL!!..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157