Weathertech vs Husky Weatherbeater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also a 3rd row liner product that sits at the feet of the 3rd row seats and wraps around the edges of the buckets. I think Husky sells the 1st and 2nd row together as one product and the 3rd row as a different SKU.

I have to take out the cargo liner whenever I raise the 3rd row as it's big enough to be a liability rolled up back there taking up what cargo space is left. I have not seen a product that only covers the part of the cargo area that remains when the 3rd row is up, though I know Weathertech makes a thing like that for the Explorer.

That's weird. Cause the Husky website does not list a 3rd row floor mat. AT least not in Weatherbeater. I didn't look in the other models. But I will.

Husky sells an extended and regular rear cargo mat. The regular can be in when the 3rd row seats are up IIRC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

To the gentleman that cut his Weathertech mats because of curl. That is an issue reported with Weathertech. But not Husky "Weatherbeater" from what I've read. You may want to look into the Husky Weatherbeaters if you ever upgrade. But at this point you might as well stick with the Weathertech. As I'm sure they'll last the life of your car.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 72424 I have the Weather Tech all around my XL. Agreed, the curl up ends suck! I did a little custom cut and tuck with my door jams. Excuse the dirty floor mats. NY weather is gross, STILL!!..

My X contour mats sit fine at the edges...the way you tucked them in looks nice but I can't help but think it's basically going to funnel water and salt right into a place it shouldn't be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's weird. Cause the Husky website does not list a 3rd row floor mat. AT least not in Weatherbeater. I didn't look in the other models. But I will.

Husky sells an extended and regular rear cargo mat. The regular can be in when the 3rd row seats are up IIRC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Here is the product page for the Husky Weatherbeater liners I have in mine. There is a 3rd row product listed, and only one rear cargo mat product.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the product page for the Husky Weatherbeater liners I have in mine. There is a 3rd row product listed, and only one rear cargo mat product.

Mine is a 2007. I've posted this in the wrong section. For my older model it does show two cargo liners. But no 3rd row. That explains it. My apologies.

https://www.huskyliners.com/Weather...c/yukon-xl-1500/2nd-row-buckets/2nd-row-bench

It's weird though. Because I ran your truck again. And it shows two cargo liners.

https://www.huskyliners.com/Weather...chevrolet/tahoe/2nd-row-buckets/2nd-row-bench

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 2007. I've posted this in the wrong section. For my older model it does show two cargo liners. But no 3rd row. That explains it. My apologies.

https://www.huskyliners.com/Weather...c/yukon-xl-1500/2nd-row-buckets/2nd-row-bench

It's weird though. Because I ran your truck again. And it shows two cargo liners.

https://www.huskyliners.com/Weather...chevrolet/tahoe/2nd-row-buckets/2nd-row-bench
I'm still only seeing one, but I'm curious now. Can you post the Item # for both of the ones you see?

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Item# 28261
Item# 28271

This is for 2007 Yukon XL 1500. So it may not fit your 2016 truck. Just like the 3rd row mat you see on 2016 trucks on Husky's site. It probably won't fit my 2007 truck.

Sorry if I'm muddying up this thread. This is one of the larger Weatherbeater threads on the forum. I ended up here from a search. I did post in the section devoted to my year car though. And got some help. But can't find a 3rd row mat that fits a 2007 XL. And I also can't figure out which cargo mat I need for my 07. I want one that works with the 3rd row installed and up. I have an email into Husky.

P.

leftheaded

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are the X-ACT CONTOUR only available in black?? I've got a 2017 Yukon with tan interior and really don't want black mats... at all. BUT I do want the best fit possible. So, if the x-act husky's are NOT available in tan... which should I get - weathertech or husky weatherbeaters (in tan)??

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could look on their website and see what they have available for your vehicle. Also you have 16 pages in this thread to look at to decide which mats you should get. Not to give you a hard time but asking the question which should I get is like starting this 16 page thread all over again.

leftheaded

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the husky website shows the x-act contours are only black. I ask the question in case i'm missing something, and just to quickly confirm from a community of people that i assumed would know this. i just called them but their office is closed and will be for the long weekend. there is no doubt i can figure this out on my own once they reopen for business hours....... but would I appreciate any confirmation to this color question if someone knows.

as far as my second question... i read all the posts here already. problem here is, not everyone has the same make/model/year and the variances are not at all consistent. some say the weathertech fits better, some say the weatherbeaters... so since it wasn't clear i was SPECIFICALLY asking which alternative is the most exact fit for my make/model year.

again... i'll figure all this out on my own if i'm apparently wasting people's time. order them all - keep the best ones. done. just seems like someone with the same vehicle could save me the time... maybe not.

g spot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed my Husky X-act in all three rows of my 2017 Yukon xl Denali. They are amazing! I have black interior, so they look so good and the coverage is great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier