Uca's w/offset bushings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have some ucas with offset bushings, since I was thinking these would be more adjustable etc. Turns out they are meant to correct negative camber. I have a lot of positive camber after my level I'm trying to fix. They are supposedly non serviceable (can't change the bushings). Anyone with similar experience? I'm assuming my only option is get new ucas with standard bushings?

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give some insight since I have finally figured out my issue. The offset bushings in the control arms from Moog come facing the inside of the vehicle. This is to fix negative camber (which Moog doesn't list anywhere, you will only find out when you talk to their tech support). But anyway, I spent a long time yesterday removing and rotating the offset bushings to face the outside of the vehicle i.e. to fix positive camber. Just wanted to throw this out their in case anyone runs across the same type problem.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info. Apparently I should have done the same before I put mine on...had some positive camber. Had the alignment done and am right about zero....if I'm still wearing tires on outside edges, I may pull them and try to flip.

How did you do this? It kinda sounds like a pita.

Thanks for getting the story from Moog.

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rent a ball joint press kit from an auto parts store. I got the control arm bushing kit and it didn't have every adapter needed. I found 2 youtube videos that were big helps. One was on removing control arms, other was on pressing the bushings out. It's 21mm bolts on the bushings. You can actually take them out and repress the bushings without completely removing the arm from the ball joint. Just be carefull removing the top part of the arm, I actually bent a tie rod in the process (jerked it out ans the weight of it and the rotor etc. came down hard) but if you are at 0 degrees camber you should be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65