Tmorr325's Tahoe Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OP
OP
T

Tmorr325

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How exactly is the monitor hooked up? To the head unit to play dvd's? If so, how'd you do it? Just by plugging rcas behind and running them to the monitor? Looks good.

The headunit has a video output on the back. I connected a RCA Y adapter to the output to split the signal for both monitors. I then tapped a constant 12v power to run the power wire along with the video cable. The wiring then runs along the underside of the dash and door sills with the factory harness. Both are then fed up into the seat and connected to the monitor. For whatever reason, the monitor did not require a ground. There is a ground wire, however I think it may only be needed if you're using them as back up camera monitors. Any video that is played on the headunit can now be output to the rear monitors.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The headunit has a video output on the back. I connected a RCA Y adapter to the output to split the signal for both monitors. I then tapped a constant 12v power to run the power wire along with the video cable. The wiring then runs along the underside of the dash and door sills with the factory harness. Both are then fed up into the seat and connected to the monitor. For whatever reason, the monitor did not require a ground. There is a ground wire, however I think it may only be needed if you're using them as back up camera monitors. Any video that is played on the headunit can now be output to the rear monitors.
Shouldn't that be a switched power so the monitors aren't powered up all the time? I realize they won't have a video signal but it seems they would still be turned on.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So you're going to run two monitors?

OP
OP
T

Tmorr325

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Shouldn't that be a switched power so the monitors aren't powered up all the time? I realize they won't have a video signal but it seems they would still be turned on.

The monitors themselves have an on/off button. Wired this way, the monitors can be used for gaming, movies, etc without the vehicle being on. For example tailgate parties or car shows. Also, it allows the monitor to retain the settings such as tint and brightness.

OP
OP
T

Tmorr325

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up the hood. Little damage on the corner. Not bad other than cracked paint. Won't even notice after its resprayed. For $80, I call it a win.

52622508383__EDC0AB32-BE80-45EB-B97D-F988679B52E5.JPG 52622511408__4711ECC5-F34D-4B6C-88D6-4344FE64EFD7.JPG 52622515666__8B44FDF4-B2BB-4A0B-8BD1-5E0BC5DD868A.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwallace81

Latest posts