Tire recommendations please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasgot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy Jason. Does Michelin offer the Premier in heavier versions? For example, one can get the Defender LTX in a P-Metric and Load Range B and E versions but usually only in certain sizes.

If I ever put a highway tire on my truck it would be the Defender LTX in either the B or E rated tire. But we are so pleased with the wet weather performance of the BFG KO2s that we'll probably never change tires. I drove through over an inch of standing water at highway speeds the other day and the truck didn't budge, it was rock solid on the highway. She's the same when driving through partially flooded roads on our city streets, the steering wheel doesn't get yanked out of our hands when driving one side through standing water.

They won't go 80k miles but that trade off for the performance we get is acceptable.

I've never known a Firestone tire to come even close to the performance of a Michelin.

I haven't looked into heavier duty. I think the retailers would have mentioned it, they all go straight to the Defender LTX when I talk to them. For all three to agree, and the remarks I hear, I have to say they are likely a good choice.

I'm actually thinking about getting different tire for the two vehicles. I'm considering the Defenders for her Navigator and the Falken Wildpeak AT3W for my Denali. The Falkens get good reviews, and I LOVE the look.

The decisions gets hard because my wheels on the Denali are falling apart. Wheel Rot. They won't replace them until they leak. I only have about 25k miles left on the GMPP warranty and I'm not confident they'll leak before then. I may call the District Manager and see what he has to say.

The search for new wheels is more difficult then tires!

And, if you want a real laugh, the Denali is at the dealer for the second time in a week. I took it in for failed A/C and a ticking sound from the engine. They fixed the air and rebuilt the top side of the engine, replacing everything to do with the lifters on both side. The ticking is still there :) It'll be fun to see what they do next!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked into heavier duty. I think the retailers would have mentioned it, they all go straight to the Defender LTX

Just to clarify, the Defender LTX, depending on tire size, can be had in three different strengths. Same name, same tread, different construction. Many tires guys may not know this and on the other hand, they know what size tire you have (I don't) and should know all the options and their stock.

elperuano

Reaction score
I drive a company truck with Bridgestone Dueler HT(I believe not sure on the HT part) and for me personally they weren't all that great. Good tire for dry weather but in the rain it didn't perform well at all. I wouldn't put them on my Tahoe. Also they wore down real fast. Like 25k miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts