New to me 2007 Yukon XL 4x4. Tire recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2007 GMC Yukon XL 4x4 with 99k miles. Had it gone over at the local dealership prior to buying - it was a private sale. At some point I'm going to need to replace the worn all terrain tires on it.

Been looking at Walmart and various other places online. I think I want to go with a street tire this time. Something quieter. But something with a little more aggressive thread than a racing tire or something. Or if an all terrain tire exists that isn't quite so noisy on the freeway. It's not bad now. But you can hear the tread noise in the cabin. And I won't need full on all terrain until I move to WA in a couple years. Right now I'm in Socal.

Any recommendations for a low cost, 70k+ mile warranty tire for this truck? I prefer Michilan's or Good year. But am open to other brands. I just want the warranty and a good tread that's not to loud but not slick either. Could be all terrain I guess or a street tire. (You tell me. Will I always have the tread noise with an all terrain?)

I'm seeing decent brands and 70k warranties for around $600 a set. Installed at Wallyworld is another $10 or less per tire IIRC. So I'll probably just buy from them online and have them installed there. Or have them installed there from someplace else.

Any help greatly appreciated.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
I have BF Goodrich K02's and love them to death. Very quite all-terrain tire and perform extremely well in the snow.

Now, if your looking for an all-terrain with 80k mile warranty and more street terrain like, I highly recommend Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzza Plus. That's what I had before the BF Goodrich's and we're very impressed with them just wanted more aggressive for trails and winter time.

Hope that helps

OP
OP
M

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the recommendations. I really like that second tire you posted. I'm gonna give them a close look.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelins are the way to go. I have the LTX A/T2 tires on my 2006. Absolutely love them. Good agressive tread pattern. Good on and off pavement. Snow conditions are excellent on these tires. I don't hear them at all on the highway. I'm here in socal as well and they were a perfect choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan