22'' GMC Reps(Style 44)--What tire??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JA93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Newbie to the forum, long time lurker and member of TBSSOWNERS.

Ill be lowering the truck this week as soon as the fedex guy arrives with all my parts and wheels. Only hold up I have right now is what tire to go with?

Looking for pictures of this particular wheel with Michelin Defender LTX M/S or Michelin Premier LTX mounted. Just want to see how they look mounted.

Really if you have these wheels I'd like to see some pics regardless of the tires so post up.

Im in need of a tire that will be a great all season performer especially in the snow/wet, but most importantly I want the best RIDE QUALITY tire. I just picked up my 16' Denali 4wd a few weeks back and it came with a brand new set of Walmart tires which ride like dog shit. Im from west suburbs of Chicago and my buddies and I trek north to Wisconsin in the winter time to snowboard. A lot of time we see a big storm rolling through and decide to truck straight through it for the good snow, so we have been in some heavy snow and whiteout conditions on occasion.

Im really considering the Michelins listed above, the defender probably more than the Premier but I'm not a huge fan of the looks of the tire. I'm hoping seeing some pics of them mounted will change that.

Whatever tires I go with will most likely dry rot before they wear down(other than laying down heaters here and there) because I drive 1.4 miles to and from work every day.

So from all the research I've done the Michelins are the best ride quality tire.

Please post up any and all opinions/options/pictures to be considered.

Thanks guys.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't comment on the defenders in a 22" size, but I have had more than one set of Michelin ltx m/s (version just before they were renamed "defender"). Among numerous sets of BFG AT KO's, Toyo ATII, and various BFG muds and Toyo MT's......nothing rode as well (or as quiet) as the Michelin m/s. They were always easy to balance and outperformed the AT's mentioned above in rain, by far. I've not ever had factory tires that performed as well as the Michelins in the rain to be honest.

I prefer a slightly more aggressive look than the defender m/s offers, otherwise they would be my first choice.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Michelin Defender LTX M/S in 275-55-20 and absolutely love them.

OP
OP
J

JA93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good info, thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what finish you went with, but here they are in chrome and stock tires (Bridgestone Desert DueLer) un a separate set of winter wheels and tires but had these siped and went up and down the 13% driveway with snow and I fine, but not as confident as the Hakkapalittas.

IMG_1009.JPG IMG_1010.JPG IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645