Recommendations please for LS 'wobbling'......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeW

Reaction score
Have 2002 Tahoe 4x4 LS with 280K miles (standard tires, neither lifted or lowered). About 2 years ago had shocks replaced with Monroe Reflex's (I do not think I have the 'air ride system'). I use Tahoe for my daily driver - to work and around town, usually by myself. Took a family ride up to Savannah this past week with 3 large teenager boys and wife - on the highway the Tahoe was seriously wobbling left and right (60 MPH +) - wife thought I was doing it on purpose just to be an a-hole. Every time I had to slow down to regain stability - (morons were going by motioning their hand rocking side to side to me - I was like - 'duh'). Additionally, several times on those great roads around Savannah (with my extra 600lbs+ of family) Tahoe actually bottomed out. Suspect its time for new shocks (so soon?). Question - New shocks only or new shocks AND springs? Sway bar bushings? Is it possible to put Moog springs on the LS? What consists of a "Z71 suspension"? Can I put it on my LS? Is there a noticeable difference in height? Looking for recommendations on what you would do. Thanks again in advance - love this forum and all the experience and advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan