This truck is incredible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweet Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I wrecked my 2021 LS Suburban when a guy in a F350 tried to cross the highway in front of me.
I can’t get over how well the engineering for a crash worked. Im amazed and grateful. For all the gripes about stuff that doesn’t work well on this thing or that, the truck definitely did its job in this collision.
In the instant before impact I thought I was going to get really messed up… I was able to unbuckle, open the door and walk away relatively unscathed. Incredible.

Attachments

• IMG_4624.jpeg
    IMG_4624.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4620.jpeg
    IMG_4620.jpeg
    545.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4619.jpeg
    IMG_4619.jpeg
    565.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4617.jpeg
    IMG_4617.jpeg
    478.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4618.jpeg
    IMG_4618.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 6

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I buy newer vehicles. I appreciate the older stuff and I enjoy working on it, but the safety built into the newer rigs is unparalleled. I view a portion of the cost of a new rig as a one-time insurance expense. I hope my family never has to use this insurance, but seeing these kind of pictures reminds me that it's 100% worth it.

K5-Z71

Reaction score
Amazing, the front of your truck looks horrible but every other panel and window look fine unlike the Ford.

My father was giving me an earful about how $70k dumped into a truck like his old 87 Burb would result in a more durable, capable and powerful rig only at the expense of not having a built in iPad and a bit more road noise… right.

Last edited:

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazing, the front of your truck looks horrible but every other panel and window look fine unlike the Ford.

I was noticing the same thing. It doesn’t even look like your windshield is cracked on the Suburban. That’s pretty wild with such a significant front end impact!

Glad to see you were able to walk away with no injuries.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Glad you are OK!

The engineering in the newer stuff is pretty impressive. They are built to crumple and absorb energy.......which yours definitely did. Also why they get totalled easier, but to not have horrible injuries is totally worth it. They make new ones everyday. Metal can be replaced, bodies not so much.

Best of luck on the whole process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill99874