This Is Why I Hate Los Angeles... (rant)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No ******* Sherlock…. Lol.

On a serious note I’m trying to figure out how to make that happen… then hopefully the state I can make it work in will be legal to run long tube headers and high flow cats hahah
We had to do that. We made the move out of California and moved to Idaho. It was a great decision and we can run any modification on our vehicles here unlike Cali.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here is a example of "california livin" just got my latest electric bill, $900.00! and that is with a $450 program discount, most of that is the AC with it set at 78deg because that's all it will cool the house down to otherwise if I set it lower the thing will run 24/7, last month was $450 and i was gone for 2 weeks of that with practically everything shut off.
4 years ago it was maybe $500-600 max in the summer, nothing has changed other than the price of delivery! just keeps going up and up.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is a example of "california livin" just got my latest electric bill, $900.00! and that is with a $450 program discount, most of that is the AC with it set at 78deg because that's all it will cool the house down to otherwise if I set it lower the thing will run 24/7, last month was $450 and i was gone for 2 weeks of that with practically everything shut off.
4 years ago it was maybe $500-600 max in the summer, nothing has changed other than the price of delivery! just keeps going up and up.
Unreal. I have central AC and a 3 bedroom house. The largest electrical bill I've EVER seen in 10+ years of living here is ~$80. Average is ~$60. (We heat with natural gas)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unreal. I have central AC and a 3 bedroom house. The largest electrical bill I've EVER seen in 10+ years of living here is ~$80. Average is ~$60. (We heat with natural gas)

it's hard to believe the crap they have built here and continue to allow to be built, the houses are designed by idiots
almost 1/4th of the area of this house is nothing but wasted space that you can't heat or cool so it just "try's"
not that I could design anything myself but if I had the money I sure would hire someone to design and build with my input.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a more efficient ac. Some of the old ones are huge consumers of electricity.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
I am in MA and I was getting big bills which were mostly fees, so I got solar. I did not do it at all to save the planet, it was 100% motivated by hate for the power company. We built another house a few years back for my MIL and they tried to charge me 25k to run some wires underground after we already did all the prep and had the conduit ready. I had to get state reps office involved to go above their heads....once a big boss looked at the job the price dropped to 8k.

How are these people not in jail? That's attempted grand theft imo. Now the power company sends me credits checks in the spring each year. Feels alot better this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan