This Is Why I Hate Los Angeles... (rant)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First let me start off by saying that I was born and raised in Los Angeles all of my life. But as we mature we tend to have different viewpoints on the general populace as society evolves around us.

For the last 20 plus years I've lived just a few miles north of the general L.A. area. The valley has been relatively peaceful in my area and not as single-minded as most people are in L.A.. Less of a "me" mentality, and more of a "we" mentality. Family oriented and thoughtful neighbors. L.A., not so much. People are selfish, wreckless, and thoughtless when it comes to everyone else's property, and will keep driving on by if they damage your property. That was the case here, when I parked on a public street in Culver City, as far to the curb as possible without damaging my wheels. So really, the person that hit my SUV really didn't have a reason to accidentally hit me because I wasn't obstructing the road. I'm guessing this is probably someone that had a wide load or didn't care about damaging someone's property so long as they got to where they were going.... typical of L.A. residents.

20230902_090826.jpg.

20230902_090817.jpg20230902_090804.jpg

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First let me start off by saying that I was born and raised in Los Angeles all of my life. But as we mature we tend to have different viewpoints on the general populace as society evolves around us.

For the last 20 plus years I've lived just a few miles north of the general L.A. area. The valley has been relatively peaceful in my area and not as single-minded as most people are in L.A.. Less of a "me" mentality, and more of a "we" mentality. Family oriented and thoughtful neighbors. L.A., not so much. People are selfish, wreckless, and thoughtless when it comes to everyone else's property, and will keep driving on by if they damage your property. That was the case here, when I parked on a public street in Culver City, as far to the curb as possible without damaging my wheels. So really, the person that hit my SUV really didn't have a reason to accidentally hit me because I wasn't obstructing the road. I'm guessing this is probably someone that had a wide load or didn't care about damaging someone's property so long as they got to where they were going.... typical of L.A. residents.

View attachment 407600.

View attachment 407601View attachment 407602
First thing that came to mind was the song ‘I was born in EAST L.A.’ by Cheech Marin….

On a serious note…. Brother, I hear you. But it’s not just there it’s the entire country….. people just don’t care I’m 50yo and have been trying to protect my vehicles from morons my entire driving life….. just thoughtless, clueless, it’s just a car….people out there. Just because your POS looks like that doesn’t mean I want mine to look all f’d up too. From the guy mowing lawns spitting grass and rocks into the street as you drive by to the guy that parks inches from your drivers door to the jackassses that don’t put their cart back…it’s frustrating as hell trying to keep something nice.

Sorry about your truck and hopefully nothing more happens to it.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your truck. Parking is one of my main concerns when we are out and about. We live in the country/rural so the home base is pretty safe in town. Even when we park at the last long distance nobody around spot some person in a beat up Subaru will park 7 inched from my driver door. Ugh.

Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man. That's not an LA thing. Lame people live everywhere.

Your paint looks good considering your offset. Id imagine you would have more chips.

Either way sorry this happened. Hopefully you get it fixed quickly.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One problem with people from L.A. is they don't stay there. A couple of years ago I had a neighbor who had moved here from L.A. call the police on me because I was washing my car. While they were on their way, she came down and was screaming at me for washing my car while there are water restrictions. When the Deputy showed up, he saw me looking at her and then the garden hose in my hand and he caught my eye and shook his head "no". I'm 3 miles from the Ohio river and 1/2 a mile from the treatment plant. She also complained at various times about, the smell of a pig farm nearby, tractors on the road, a guy at the gun counter leaned over and pistol butt popped out of his jacket (he had a permit) along with several other acts to endear herself to us.

A friend had a car with California plates just cut in front of him like they do in big cities. What they don't do in big cities is drive trucks with oil filed pipe casings made into bumpers. Between ripping the rear cover off the car and replaying the dash cam, the woman from Cali got a rude awakening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts