This is what happened to my tahoe in May

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little bit of work done, removed the front right damaged fender and inner fender well. Also removed the broken hinge roller pin, put in a new AC Delco water pump.IMG_9606.jpegIMG_9607.jpegIMG_9605.jpeg

Tomorrow I’m going to tackle the door hinge pins and get that squared away, then start on putting the new fender and inner fender well on

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Glad the rebuild is progressing and that you have the skills to make it happen. Both of my sons learned to drive in our GMT400 Silverado and it was each one’s ‘first car’. Yes, they got into minor accidents and the truck had damage I could repair.

Once, one of my sons came bombing down the snowy hill and rounded the curve, hitting the gas, expecting to fishtail. He forgot he was in 4wd so the truck simply went where it was pointed — into a row of 6 neighbors’ mailboxes!

I had him write a apology note to the neighbors and we went to the lumber yard, got lumber and he rebuilt a frame, dug the post holes and mounted the mailboxes back in place. In addition to teaching him a lesson, it was great father & son time.

Point is, your daughter ought to be part of this rebuild.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the steering gear removed today, have a new “83” unit to go in. Also I had a damn hard time with these Dorman door roller pins, decided I would just order new bolt in ones from Cunningham Machine since I already ordered their door hinge bushings.

Also order more parts from Rockauto (wheel bearing hub kits, trans cooler lines ect.) I think next week I’ll be ordering the Rough Country 6” lift kit.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new Cunningham Machine door rollers and pins came in a day ago, I had previously just bought the bushings, but I attempted to put in the doorman rollers.. what a joke

I also got my new Procomp Wheels from Summitracing, 15x10’s to go on once I put on the RC 6” lift kitIMG_9616.jpeg

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: got the axels out, and wrestled the front diff out, I took it out completely in prep for the Rough Country lift. Probably gong to send it to the shop to have 4:56 gears put in it. The I removed the oil pan and put it in the parts washer, probably going to have to wire wheel some parts of the outside and repaint.

I also picked up a new melling 155HV oil pump, shaft, and a cloyes timing set. I’ll take more pics tomorrow but here’s 1 for nowIMG_9651.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019