This is what happened to my tahoe in May

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Progress update: managed to get the trans cooler lines in. Thanks to a few members who pointed me in the right direction on where to get those factory lines.
Mounted the power steering pulley, pulled the front center steering bar and the rest of the steering links, pulled the drive shafts out.

Mounted the front radiator support, had to bend back a bracket under the battery tray that attaches to the radiator support, that took a while.

Then stupid me forgot to run the front wire loom for the headlights before I mounted the radiator support, so I’ll have to take that back off… damn it.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, small but progress; got the new AC compressor mounted, I’m misdialing one line to the condenser. Got the condenser mounted. Mounted the front radiator support bar that holds the hood latch, mounted new hood latch. Routes the wire loom for the headlights corrected through the support. Also mounted the new larger trans cooler with factory bracket

IMG_9718.jpeg
IMG_9719.jpeg
IMG_9720.jpeg
IMG_9721.jpeg

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some 1 gauge wire to do the “Big 3 upgrade”, but the pics on that thread are gone, anyone have a link or something?

pwerwgn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had just finished all the mechanical things and had it running perfect, just swapped to the MPFI.. things were good. Let my 17yr old take it to school for 2 weeks, the. She runs into a car in front of her.. At first look, yeah it needs a hood, fenders core support, bumper, radiator, exct.

Tore it all to pieces only to see the passenger frame horn was bent. Let it sit for a few months trying to decide to fix or trash it. Well I decided to fix it, got on to LMC and ordered everything. Just this week I finally was able to find a shop that #1 was available in a decent time frame, #2 was willing to do it. So right now it’s at the collision ago on a frame machine getting pulled. More to come… this will be my build thread
I restored a 2000 z71 and had the old one sitting there and the front clip is off. ,it has no rust ,dents or nothing would have been perfect for your repair

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, have been super busy with kids, work, the yard.

Finally got the parts I needed that were on back order. Also just picked up my front diff from the driveline shop. Was much cheaper than I thought, turns out all it needed was new seals and bearings, $250 total.

Also picked up a new alternator today, started to make wires for the Big 3 upgrade. I’ll post pics tomorrow

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a collision center. While our OBS are built like tanks, they don’t really stand up to today’s vehicles in a crash. Mild steel frames bend like butter compared to the ultra-high strength unibody structures of today. It takes a lot off of the felt impact, but typically does a LOT more damage to ours. Glad your daughter is safe and glad you found a shop to take that on. Luckily she squared it up which takes the diamond condition out of the equation usually. Good luck with the rest and let me know if you have any questions as this is literally all I do every day.
I have seen way worse OBS vs 94 accord wagon lets just say it was fatal to the people in the other car mid you this was at 50-55mph i'm guessing the other party was making a utrun (unprotected ) only slightly more damage compared to yours

it's one of the reasons why i got a tahoe.. i don't want to be in the other car

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front diff, cleaned, rebuilt with new seals and bearings. They also painted it for me, they also installed the new 4WD electric actuator IMG_9844.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019