Sway Bar End Links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it looks like the only way to get the proper rear end links is to buy the kit with the brackets for 160 dollars :(

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
well I mean its not such a horrible thing.. still helps your suspension by centering the rear wheels in the wheel wells again but when I don't exactly have the money to justify getting the brackets as well when you could just as easily sell them separately is beyond me

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well i just went with whiteouts idea and got some off a 00 tahoe limited. obs, going to put on this weekend. alot shorter than whats on my 05 right now.. See how that goes. And best part is.... they were free

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where did you get them?

from a local salvage yard. But they dont fit, my truck isnt low enough. Think it might be good for your ride, but mine isnt low enough. They bolt up fine on one end, but makes the sway bar go up and wont line up w/ the bolt holes on the sway. Its to high.. (not sure if all that makes sense)

Basically makes mine not level, brings it up to much.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I think I might have a solution?
flip the sway bar over so its underneath the tie rod

I can already feel the difference its a LOT stiffer in the front and I lost all my steering wobble I used to have as well as it brought my wheels back almost to 0º camber

best $20 I have spent so far and the installation was VERY easy.. just read over the eibach sway bar install (can't remember the members name) and went out and did it
Where did you see to flip the sway bar (Couldn't find the thread)?? I'm about to add shorter links and will probably run into the same problem.

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
How do i tell if they are for front or rear. I know there is a part number above, but is that for just djm or stock part? Also, does energy make the rear too? what number would that be?

Djm make the front also?

Ok, I'm a newb when it comes to Hoes and such, but I'm looking to do the same shortly with endlinks. I will be relying on my experience with my Impala SS though.

When it came time to replace my endlinks I did the following:

OEM BAR:
I turned in my wheels and measured that I could conservatively go an inch lower and still leave some play from the stocker. So I went back to Napa, asked them for stock endlinks and went straight across the street to my local "nuts and bolts" shop, showed the sales guy what i wanted and give me a better grade bolt. All I had to do was cut the metal tube on the OEM Endlink 1 inch. Voila. I tighted it down to about 3/4 of an inch and I was happy that it made a difference, small but noticeable.

UPGRADED SWAY BAR:
I figured with my new heavier guage front bar that I'd need to go 1.5 inches shorter than stock once I installed it. So upgraded to White Polybushing, like the ones on the 2000 Firebird Formula V8's, a tad more expensive, but measured it up to the last set of endlinks, bought a new1/2 inch shorter bolt, this time a GRADE 12 hardened steel for about $2/each, no cutting required on the metal tube, tighted it down almost alll the way, and man that sway bar and endlink combo was awesome.

I'll be doing the same this spring when I put the 22's on. Just scored a cheap set recently.

It's a little trial and error, but in most cases, the bushings are similar, it's the length of the bolt that's different. Seemed to find that out at Napa flipping through boxes of GM bushings.

Hope this helps.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i just read through this entire post... and I am dumbfounded that DJM does not sell the rear sway bar end links without the brackets! anyway... If I bought both the rear end hardware kit as well as the fron sway bar end links, would that all fit well with my 2/3 drop?

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set front DJM sway bar end links to sell if anybody is interested. I bout some sway bars and it came with the end links so I didn't use them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper