Sway Bar End Links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
horrible luck!

got my tahoe back today and decided to install the DJM end links that I ordered from StylinTrucks

they looked REALLY short compared to the stock ones but it shouldn't be that big of a deal considering I'm 3 inches lower in the front

go to install them, get everything torqued down take the jack stands out and let it drop and the sway bar is touching the tie rod end

when I drive its really difficult to turn and you can hear it rub

what did I do wrong?

there are no instructions that came with the links nor can I find any online :(

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
so I think I might have a solution?
flip the sway bar over so its underneath the tie rod

I can already feel the difference its a LOT stiffer in the front and I lost all my steering wobble I used to have as well as it brought my wheels back almost to 0º camber

best $20 I have spent so far and the installation was VERY easy.. just read over the eibach sway bar install (can't remember the members name) and went out and did it

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hit me up when u wake up, ill be at the cave about 11 or so

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so I think I might have a solution?
flip the sway bar over so its underneath the tie rod

I can already feel the difference its a LOT stiffer in the front and I lost all my steering wobble I used to have as well as it brought my wheels back almost to 0º camber

best $20 I have spent so far and the installation was VERY easy.. just read over the eibach sway bar install (can't remember the members name) and went out and did it

So you got the front end links i guess. (sorry w/ all this i got lost on which ones you actually got) Asked you in the other thread, but think its better fit here.
B/c i want my tahoe stiffer and less body roll. From reading, looks like front end links and rear. Where did you get em for $20 bucks. B/c i thought you said they were wrong/used or something.

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
forgot to update this.. the day after I had the confusion of the sway bar hitting the tie rod I went out and took the sway bar out and flipped it over and it works great.. plenty of clearance

I originally ordered the energy suspension ones from a local shop and those included new bushings to hold the sway bar and the actual end links with new bushings on those

then I thought I ordered the rear end links from StylinTrucks but they came in and looked to be used just because the spacer was a little bit rusted but everything else was brand new

both were around $20 and yes it makes a huge difference in cornering and handling all together

I used to bottom out on the front bump stop bracket but now I don't think I have yet to hear the noise

it also some how brought my tires back out a little more so its closer to spec camber

still would like to know where I can find some rear end links?
anyone have some used ones they'd like to get rid of?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to loose the body roll and have more control. For those of you that have shorter endlinks, where did you get em from? Would for instance autozone, advanced auto have this stuff in stock. I would love to order front and rear.

i found this from autozone. Would this be correct for the rear?
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...9?counter=0&itemIdentifier=28656_516000_5933_

and here maybe a dumb question, but is it the same kit for the front? dont see for front on autozone's site..

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike those would be the same exact ones I ordered from the local store only I got them in black

those are for the front

the rear are made by DJM and the look like this
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=3360

minus the brackets

How do i tell if they are for front or rear. I know there is a part number above, but is that for just djm or stock part? Also, does energy make the rear too? what number would that be?

Djm make the front also?

Last edited:
OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
the link you posted was for the front and those are by energy suspension
DJM also makes front ones, in fact a lot of companies make front end links.
its the rears that are hard to come by

the front DJM's are EL01 and they are right below the rear hardware kit link that I posted

you can find custom made rear ones but I would much rather have the DJM links because they are made for lowering kits

I think Max said he grabbed some off a jeep or something like that and they worked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman