Suspension lift or body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size tires? I just put some 275/65/20's on some OEM 20x8.5's on my Yukon XL, and put 1 1/2" spacers on the front. My tires barely stick out from the flares, but I don't rub, even being about 34.1" x 11". Just have keys and spacers on mine.

I have to double check but I think they are 275/70/18 (33'')

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So have you takin a measuring tap and measure where your body would sit three inches higher? From my view in the pic it looks like it’s still gonna be crazy close for comfort.

I have 2in spacers in mine but I installed them rafter I already had a 6in suspension and 3in body lift. I also have RCX keys but they’re not cranked at all. I also stuffed 37’s under it and I don’t rub at all off road.

I wish I could say yes to just a body lift but I’m not certain that will be enough brother.

These were before I painted the grey plastics all around black... don’t judge lol

View attachment 185971 View attachment 185972

I measured for clearance with my floor jack raising the frame around 3'' and it looked like it was gonna be close...I raised the frame to about 4-5'' with the tire still on the ground and there was no rubbing. I'm not sure if a 3'' body lift will work

Your rig looks insane! it has the exact look I'm after brother

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion, before spending money on body lift, do the NorCal mod and trim your bumper a bit. If you make a nice cut that is even on both sides, most people won't even notice the bumper being cut.

If that doesn't work, 1.5" body lift with the trimming mentioned about would work.

Not sure what the norcal mod is but I'm ready to break out the sawzall/lump hammer and make them fit

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a body lift will show your towing bar/hitch in the back and the engine will sink in the hood. if you dont care about that then get one, theyre cheap

This!...I did some research on body lifts and didn't realize the front bumper needs to be relocated and that your engine sinks with the lift...that would drive me crazy!

A body lift is out of the question for now, I will just do some trimming till they fit

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion, before spending money on body lift, do the NorCal mod and trim your bumper a bit. If you make a nice cut that is even on both sides, most people won't even notice the bumper being cut.

If that doesn't work, 1.5" body lift with the trimming mentioned about would work.

I looked up the norcal mod and that's exactly what I was gonna try only I didn't know there was a special name for the mod lol...I like to think of myself as an angry caveman when doing this type of work lol

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This!...I did some research on body lifts and didn't realize the front bumper needs to be relocated and that your engine sinks with the lift...that would drive me crazy!

A body lift is out of the question for now, I will just do some trimming till they fit
thats one of the deciding factors for me. i dont want my towing stuff showing

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I measured for clearance with my floor jack raising the frame around 3'' and it looked like it was gonna be close...I raised the frame to about 4-5'' with the tire still on the ground and there was no rubbing. I'm not sure if a 3'' body lift will work

Your rig looks insane! it has the exact look I'm after brother

I appreciate it! Don’t stress too much about the body lift and the engine. Here’s some before and after shots. Picked up two wheel well liners from the upull and extended mine. As far as the receiver in the rear it’s not terrible. Did you notice it in my previous pic?

5AA0B8C7-23C6-4662-8D30-FFB4C970A047.jpeg B2A9EC55-AC9D-4FC6-9D0D-9B11E0BB7512.jpeg A766CCAE-548D-4E0D-A33F-E10954EC42CA.jpeg 68F418EF-0851-4C05-ACD8-4E091D228304.jpeg 3ACDEF9E-473D-4F4A-83C9-0FF60F8EA8D0.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz