Rear Suspension Lift Question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I completed my 6" lift, 03 Tahoe. Overall happy with the outcome. I would not buy another RC kit. I feel like they cheaped out on the bolts washers etc. It's a low-end kit, I get it. I'm on a budget so just wanted to try it for the project experience. Again, overall I'm happy with it.

One thing I would like to improve is the rear suspension. I'd like to raise it a little more. Question is, If I update the coils to some skyjackers C25R (2.5"), do I need longer sway bar links? Or should I just get some 2" supreme spacers?, Still wonder about the sway bar links, but I've looked online and didn't see any for a 2-3" lift. Just stock or 6". These are the questions I ask myself. Wonder if there are any opinions out there. Also if anyone has any other upgrade recommendations while I have the rear dropped.

Thanks!
Dan

Attachments

• Tahoe 1.jpg
    Tahoe 1.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 9

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either taller springs or spring spacers will require longer sway links. Look for jeep jk rear sway links with the amount of lift you have. Synergy sway links are what I have in mine they are adjustable so you can set it to exactly length you need. Also will need to get a panhard frame end drop bracket or atleast a adjustable panhard to recenter your axle

OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either taller springs or spring spacers will require longer sway links. Look for jeep jk rear sway links with the amount of lift you have. Synergy sway links are what I have in mine they are adjustable so you can set it to exactly length you need. Also will need to get a panhard frame end drop bracket or atleast a adjustable panhard to recenter your axle
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve heard others here say to get the panhard adjustable bar. Siphon makes one. What is the main benefit of this upgrade? What do you mean by re-center the axle?

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve heard others here say to get the panhard adjustable bar. Siphon makes one. What is the main benefit of this upgrade? What do you mean by re-center the axle?
As the suspension cycles up and down the axle end of the panhard moves in a arc that arc causes axle to move side to side as it goes up and down. The panhards are made to the length needed to center the axle at stock ride height. So when the truck is raised from stock height or lowered the axle will be no longer be centered. Spohn makes a good products but I personally have had terrible luck with there delsphere joints and would recommended getting the panhard that doesn't have the delsphere.

Small lifts panhard angle ain't a big concern but as you go up the panhard gets more angled. You want it as close to level at ride height as possible to prevent rear bump steer and help roll stability. If you lift far enough that becomes a issue will have to drop frame end mount or raise axle end.

The control arms also move in a arc as suspension cycles and as you lift they will pull axle forward some.

OP
OP
Dantheman-2003

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the suspension cycles up and down the axle end of the panhard moves in a arc that arc causes axle to move side to side as it goes up and down. The panhards are made to the length needed to center the axle at stock ride height. So when the truck is raised from stock height or lowered the axle will be no longer be centered. Spohn makes a good products but I personally have had terrible luck with there delsphere joints and would recommended getting the panhard that doesn't have the delsphere.

Small lifts panhard angle ain't a big concern but as you go up the panhard gets more angled. You want it as close to level at ride height as possible to prevent rear bump steer and help roll stability. If you lift far enough that becomes a issue will have to drop frame end mount or raise axle end.

The control arms also move in an arc as suspension cycles and as you lift they will pull axle forward some.
Carl- thanks for the deets. Great explanation and makes sense. Are these the sway bar links you are running?

Attachments

• IMG_4463.png
    IMG_4463.png
    621.5 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660