Suspension lift or body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biggest thing with spacers is that they are hub centric. Our OEM wheels rest on the hubs of our vehicles. When you put spacers on that do not have hub centric rings on them, your transferring the weight of the vehicle on to the wheel studs.
So just make sure they're hub centric and bolt on

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. I'll also add that you get what you pay for. Don't want to cheap out on spacers that hold your wheels on

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have eBay bolt on spacers. I had to cut my OEM studs down. Pretty sure I paid $120 for all four. Been on the truck for 4 years with out any issues.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have eBay bolt on spacers. I had to cut my OEM studs down. Pretty sure I paid $120 for all four. Been on the truck for 4 years with out any issues.
do they seem pretty solid? i like bora spacers but 230$ for spacers is steep

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do they seem pretty solid? i like bora spacers but 230$ for spacers is steep
I had read the reviews said people had issues with the spacer studs corroding and not letting the lug nuts come off without breaking the studs but I never had that issue.

Other than that, they are chunks of aluminum. Make sure you torque the hell out of the lugs that hold the spacers on. Not much can go wrong IMO.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which brand spacers do you have?

I have a set of trailsport spacers off of eBay. They are aluminum and come with detailed torque instructions. I've had mine on for around 37,000 miles with no issues. Every time I rotate tires, I check the torque on the spacers and they haven't backed off.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If bolt on spacers (even the “infamous” lug centric) we’re an issue/liability than tire shops would not service your vehicle which they do. Those slap on spacers though, complete different story, won’t touch them.

I’m gonna go ahead put this out there... some are gonna flip shit, whatever. Rough country 2in bolt spacers are LUG centric. I’ve put my truck through complete hell! And have never had any issues with driveability from Rough Country’s spacers. My hoe is not some pavement princess and still rides as smooth as a Cadillac on black top.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If bolt on spacers (even the “infamous” lug centric) we’re an issue/liability than tire shops would not service your vehicle which they do. Those slap on spacers though, complete different story, won’t touch them.

I’m gonna go ahead put this out there... some are gonna flip shit, whatever. Rough country 2in bolt spacers are LUG centric. I’ve put my truck through complete hell! And have never had any issues with driveability from Rough Country’s spacers. My hoe is not some pavement princess and still rides as smooth as a Cadillac on black top.
have you taken it off road with the spacers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts