Suggested mods, improvements, changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NKemp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This topic is to collect modifications, changes, suggestions and the like. So if you have content for this topic, reply with details. The idea is to have a single source of improvements for the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Hybrid.

What we want is real, doable improvements. Such as part swaps from other vehicles, modifications and the like. Also, let's add source for the how to do the change.

So let's get started. Note, for some this could become a ToDo list.

OP
OP
N

NKemp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll start out with a suggestion ... adding a cargo net. I had a cargo net from a 2002 Astro (I loved the Astro! Best snow vehicle I ever drove. In the winter I put on snows for great traction). I went to the junk yard until I found the tie-downs for the net to attach. I found them in another GM vehicle and don't recall the model. As it turns out, the nuts are already in the body behind the mounting point.

In the mounting "circle", there is a mark indicating the center of the circle. Pull off the rubber gasket near the mount point and pry the plastic away from the nut so that the drill does not drill into the metal and you can drill trough the plastic. On the passenger side, the center point was a perfect match for the nut. The driver's side was not lined up so I removed a bit more plastic until it lined up.

Here is a picture of the part you want from the junk yard. You want one with the stud mounted in the black part. There are a few where the black part is mounted to a screw. That won't work.

Attachments

• IMG_6501trimed.jpg
    IMG_6501trimed.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted