Stolen and Recovered 2012 Escalade Premium (re)build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jmccormick

Reaction score
Your truck was likely stolen to make somebodys 07 into a platnium. They likely swapped suspension also so make sure you order the struts by vin. If they recovered the vehicle mostly in tact the previos owner was likely paid out on a comprehensive vandalism claim hence the clean title. Do you mind discussing your buffing process? Truck looks amazing.

I think you are correct, I just think it's odd they took the time to install the cheaper older parts from another Escalade. If I were to steal this truck to make my older Escalade look new I sure as hell wouldn't take to the time to swap parts I would just steal the shit and ditch the truck somewhere lol.

OP
OP
J

Jmccormick

Reaction score
As far as buffing techniques, it varied panel to panel.

The passenger side was pretty bad.

My go to combo is Meguiars M105 and M205. It's a pretty user friendly combo, 105 takes out most of the scratches and 205 takes out the scratches 105 put in the paint to get the deeper stuff out.

I used a Torq 10FX Dual Action polisher in the small areas and the Torq 22D Dual Action polisher for the large open areas on the truck.

M105 with an Orange pad followed by M205 on a Green pad corrected the paint about 85% which is fine for a daily driver. I then followed that up with Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish on a blue pad. The black light really made the paint look wet. Then I followed that with Sonax Polymer Net Shield for sealant.

The tail gate was extremely rough,

I did M105 on a yellow heavy cut pad, followed by 205 on a orange pad, then 205 on a green pad.

Hood was extremely messed up.

3000 grit wet sand on my Torq 22d, followed by M105 Orange pad, M205 Green pad, Black light, sonax.

Hope this helps, every paint job is different.

There are a lot more Compounds out there that work better than the megs stuff, I didn't care, this is a daily driver. You can also snag the 105/205 combo at your local autozone.

Batterycap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put in roadworthy shape a 2001 Suburban. It was of course a far larger task than I imagined. After all of that, I still take my hat off to you. You sir - have patience to spare.

OP
OP
J

Jmccormick

Reaction score
I just put in roadworthy shape a 2001 Suburban. It was of course a far larger task than I imagined. After all of that, I still take my hat off to you. You sir - have patience to spare.

Hey thanks!

It's surely coming along finally.

I am headed out to the garage to finish polishing the passenger doors and fender.. last coat of Sonax Polymer Netshield. Then I am hoping to have my front struts ordered this week.

I did find a 12-14 Premium/platinum bumper assembly locally for a decent price. I just cant justify it at the moment. Maybe down the road they'll still be out there.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as buffing techniques, it varied panel to panel.

The passenger side was pretty bad.

My go to combo is Meguiars M105 and M205. It's a pretty user friendly combo, 105 takes out most of the scratches and 205 takes out the scratches 105 put in the paint to get the deeper stuff out.

I used a Torq 10FX Dual Action polisher in the small areas and the Torq 22D Dual Action polisher for the large open areas on the truck.

M105 with an Orange pad followed by M205 on a Green pad corrected the paint about 85% which is fine for a daily driver. I then followed that up with Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish on a blue pad. The black light really made the paint look wet. Then I followed that with Sonax Polymer Net Shield for sealant.

The tail gate was extremely rough,

I did M105 on a yellow heavy cut pad, followed by 205 on a orange pad, then 205 on a green pad.

Hood was extremely messed up.

3000 grit wet sand on my Torq 22d, followed by M105 Orange pad, M205 Green pad, Black light, sonax.

Hope this helps, every paint job is different.

There are a lot more Compounds out there that work better than the megs stuff, I didn't care, this is a daily driver. You can also snag the 105/205 combo at your local autozone.

I use the same pads and 105/205 combo on all my cars, two of which are black. It always turns out quite nice.

I don't use a wax though, Klasse sealant only. I can forgo a bit of shine for longevity.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you are correct, I just think it's odd they took the time to install the cheaper older parts from another Escalade. If I were to steal this truck to make my older Escalade look new I sure as hell wouldn't take to the time to swap parts I would just steal the shit and ditch the truck somewhere lol.

If it was a planned strip they probably did it so they could drive it out the garage after. Then park it somewhere with a wheel missing so the cops take notice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet