Still bottoms out on 2/3 drop with 2" spacers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's those shocks your feeling

And that.......... :emotions122:

I would not go back to stock unless I was selling the truck. The fender gap looks silly.

I am putting this information out there though so people know what they are getting into.

I did NOT.

I had NOT planned for Airlift 1000's. I figured that something this impractical could not be made, but I was wrong.

It looks GREAT. I just think people need to know that the spring, IMHO CANNOT carry heavy loads without major sag.

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason Airlift 1000's are called Airlift 1000's is because the add ONLY 1000 Pounds of added LEVELING capability to the STOCK Springs and Suspension.

When a person adds weaker springs like BellTechs progressive's, then the bags bring you back close to normal carrying capacity.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They say not to use helper bags with auto ride.

who said that?? If you lift the truck past what the links are set at the shocks will release air to try to keep the height the same so when I do them always tell the customer dont try to lift the truck sky high because the air sensors will pick up thinking they are to high and try to drop the air out of the autoride shocks.

Andrew check the texts i hit you up with will be all good with autoride. Sidenote with me and my buddies in my truck (we all all 210-300 lol) and towing my ctsv in the back the autoride shocks held up great. Before you spend money on bags do your system slap that thing in and see where it sits at. Whats going to happen is the front of the truck will come up but the back of the truck will keep the ride height the same. No use in spending money if the autoride will keep your truck where you need it at.

When i slap my v on the back of my truck the rear sits the same height as what it is unloaded

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Airlift bags should work perfect with AutoRide. It would be two independent systems working together.

The Airlift bags fortify what is lost by way of weaker springs.

Andrew2944r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did Tony and sure appreciate all the help but I plan on getting the helpers anyways to take some stress off the old air shocks.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did Tony and sure appreciate all the help but I plan on getting the helpers anyways to take some stress off the old air shocks.

no prob i posted earlier this morning in my vendor section all the part numbers that work check it out.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

also when i get a chance ill put notes in my kits that if towing is going to be done to add helper bags just to give heads up to people.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also when i get a chance ill put notes in my kits that if towing is going to be done to add helper bags just to give heads up to people.

:waytogo:

I love the new "pro-active" approach.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
:waytogo:

I love the new "pro-active" approach.

Id say out of all the kits ive sold and installed 95 percent of the people dont tow didnt think much about it.

Now on my 6 inch drop spring kit no questions asked to get it. The spring is not progressive which i wanted so there are no dead coils. This give the helper bags a chance to wedge in between each coilspring loop where as dead springs it cannot do this. Both testers said the ride was nice also.

Last edited:

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
who said that?? If you lift the truck past what the links are set at the shocks will release air to try to keep the height the same so when I do them always tell the customer dont try to lift the truck sky high because the air sensors will pick up thinking they are to high and try to drop the air out of the autoride shocks.

Andrew check the texts i hit you up with will be all good with autoride. Sidenote with me and my buddies in my truck (we all all 210-300 lol) and towing my ctsv in the back the autoride shocks held up great. Before you spend money on bags do your system slap that thing in and see where it sits at. Whats going to happen is the front of the truck will come up but the back of the truck will keep the ride height the same. No use in spending money if the autoride will keep your truck where you need it at.

When i slap my v on the back of my truck the rear sits the same height as what it is unloaded

On the air lift website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM