Still bottoms out on 2/3 drop with 2" spacers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
well maybe i did cut the bumpstops to short and with the new ones it will worl out.

Just get a set of belltech or pedders bump stops.
The pedders are probably easier to get ahold of because they are right on the pedders USA site

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/peddersusa/default.aspx?ProdCode=4364

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/d...topQQ20012010QQB264925.html?apwcid=productads

scratch that hear are the belltech ones for cheaper as a pair.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok tony, will do that tomorrow when I get a chance.. how do I check for pressure once disconnected?..... Also did u ever find those bumbstops?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I have some bumpstops at this point im wondering if the shocks in rear are done causing the issue. at 2 inch level shouldn't be just bottoming out all the time. Well figure it out. Pull the shocks out and see how much pressure is behind the rear while pushing up.

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the springs are to soft myself especially for anyone hauling anything but I am glad I have auto on mine

Progressive drop springs are not good for towing. This is known.

X2 on both stements.

Lowering spring are NOT good for towing or hauling heavy loads in the truck. I found it impossible.

@ LynxNova.......If you do not have AutoRide, you NEED Airbags.

Throwing parts at it like shocks and hardware kits will NOT help. The bottoming out issue will continue.

BellTech Springs are too weak for a fully loaded truck. They are PERFECT with Auto Ride.

I am not making this up, I have been there.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Andrew2944r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with autoride I plan on adding some more support to mine and add some extra bags.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, stay away from the max PSI at 35 lbs.

I blew my bag fully loaded.

I posted it on my build thread.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Even with autoride I plan on adding some more support to mine and add some extra bags.

The springs are just so weak that it is needed. In your case when you take away strength away from the springs, the AutoRide compensates.

The problem is when it does that though, it put more stress on the shocks themselves, and the brackets that mounts the shocks.

Anyone who "seriously" tows...........not dirt bikes or small crap.......but seriously tows, will HATE lowering springs.

This is IMHO, but be forewarned.

Also, at 30 PSI and a full load the ride is harsh.

I don't care what anyone says, to me....even on 20's, it is harsh.

Last edited:

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Whatever you do, stay away from the max PSI at 35 lbs.

I blew my bag fully loaded.

I posted it on my build thread.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

The springs are just so weak that it is needed. In your case when you take away strength away from the springs, the AutoRide compensates.

The problem is when it does that though, it put more stress on the shocks themselves, and the brackets that mounts the shocks.

Anyone who "seriously" tows...........not dirt bikes or small crap.......but seriously tows, will HATE lowering springs.

This is IMHO, but be forewarned.

Also, at 30 PSI and a full load the ride is harsh.

I don't care what anyone says, to me....even on 20's, it is harsh.

That's those shocks your feeling ;)

Andrew2944r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have around 2000 lbs of audio in the rear of the Tahoe so the shocks and springs are going to need some extra help.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
You are gonna need more than a little help.

Andrew2944r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being autoride with the added helper bags it should do just fine. I hope anyways, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove