Still bottoms out on 2/3 drop with 2" spacers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys, I've been away for a while but know Im back, Not that I was missed...lol....I have the 2/3 belltech drop kit on my 2010 tahoe non air-ride. I was bottoming out with the 1" spacers so I swithed to 2" spacers and also cut the bumb stops, but it still bottoms out with just my two kids( 2 and 7 year old).... in the rear...the stance is perfect but I can't stand it when i bottom out.... What can I do to fix this problem...

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...... thats alil too extreme for me to consider....I dont want to cut or grind any part of the truck...is there an alternate solution???

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
helper bags, somewhere around $100. shouldnt have a problem. I'm sure someone here will give more info on these and where to get them

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
You guys it could be that he isn't bottoming out but rather shoving the drive shaft into the transfer case or rear end.
Or that because of the drop his rear axle is slightly rotated causing him not to hit the bump stop directly but off the side on the larger metal hump.

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Hate to say it but if you put the 1" spacer back in and did a rear hardware kit it would probably fix it...

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Whats up guys, I've been away for a while but know Im back, Not that I was missed...lol....I have the 2/3 belltech drop kit on my 2010 tahoe non air-ride. I was bottoming out with the 1" spacers so I swithed to 2" spacers and also cut the bumb stops, but it still bottoms out with just my two kids( 2 and 7 year old).... in the rear...the stance is perfect but I can't stand it when i bottom out.... What can I do to fix this problem...

Ill shoot you a pm go thru a few things

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of your bump stop did you cut down?

I did a 3" rear drop, cut the bump stops in half basically and have no bottoming out with 4 adults and cargo in the back?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just went over this with a member yesterday. Told him to cut it to 2.5 inches and was fine. The most you can go is 2 inches on the bumpstop. If you do more than the rear end will hit the frame before the axle has a chance to do its job.

If you do the free travel mod and cut the bracket off get 3 more inches of clearance and never will bottom out.

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the rear bumpstop and I think blaze could be right...here's a pic of the left rear side bumpstop..look real good and tell me if its hitting the metal. Part and missing the bumpstop....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355407775047.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355407775047.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 63
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355407789863.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355407789863.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try to post up better pic.... I'm on my stock wheels now....if its hitting the metal, what can I do to fix it and will a travel mod work?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM