Still bottoms out on 2/3 drop with 2" spacers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
my bad just with kids. Yah thats right on springs

Why again?
is the spring rate stiffer?
So are the tahoe 5305 springs just like jello or what?
Im just curious. I'm sure you have a good reason.

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the springs are a lil too soft also...let me explain...... .I read up and did my homework on this forum before I.purchased that drop.kit (2"/3") and it seemed perfect to me as everyone who has the same kit on this forum ran it with 1" spacers and never complained about any problems and the look was awesome.... When I first put the drop kit (2"/3"). Beltech I had it with the 1 inch spacers, the rear was to low almost even with the front and that was with no one in the truck...when I had people in the second and third row the rear would be lower than the front and also bottoming out crazy.... So I then switched the spacers and put the 2" one in and cut the bumbstops... The stance was perfect! Just like I want it with a lil rake look to it but it still bottomed out, a lot less than.before when I had the 1 " spacers in...... At first I didn't understand why it was so low, the drop is a conventional regular one....I did not know I was gonna have such problems with the 3" drop in the rear... I also thought that maybe the springs came too soft. For it to drop so low... Could it be that this set of springs might of been made a lil softer than the original ones?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

fyi...my springs are the 5305 set..

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
You can't really have a stiff progressive drop spring that yields a good ride as well..
There isn't much to do about it..
I didn't really have a big bottoming out issues when I had the complete belltech bump stops in.
And at a 2" drop you should be able to have the entire belltech bump stop in and have plenty of travel.
So maybe (no offense) it's your driving.
Maybe you drive too fast over dips because that's the only time you should ever bottom out on a 2" drop.
Take some measurements and post them along with your tire size and make sure your tires are inflated correctly and the truck is on flat ground.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

You should be at about 36" in the back with a 2" spacer.

Andrew2944r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the springs are to soft myself especially for anyone hauling anything but I am glad I have auto on mine but I plan on doing the free travel mod and getting a set of Energy Suspension Bump Stops. No drop is guaranteed to work perfect and I learned that the hard way back in the early 90's.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Progressive drop springs are not good for towing. This is known.

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol its not my driving at all, i bottom out going 10 miles an hour over lil holes in N.J.....I had posted measurements in my other post but i will re-measure and post up tomorrow...Blazed what size spacer are you running?

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I just recently changed springs.

But when I had the 5305 springs in I had a 1.5 spacer on the drivers side and a 1" spacer on the passenger. And didn't bottom out ever with the proper bump stop.

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well maybe i did cut the bumpstops to short and with the new ones it will worl out.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lynx. Disconnect rear shocks see if the stockers have pressure in them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok tony, will do that tomorrow when I get a chance.. how do I check for pressure once disconnected?..... Also did u ever find those bumbstops?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperdadman