Steering Wheel Gold Bowtie -- That Color Has Got To Go!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes...he made some to go over the domed black part too but I didn't fool with that as I think it'd be extremely hard to apply and not have wrinkles.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes...he made some to go over the domed black part too but I didn't fool with that as I think it'd be extremely hard to apply and not have wrinkles.

Do you have a pic of that just so I can see it. Mine is really scratched up bad so I need to cover the entire circle. I guess I can try first with just a scrap piece of vinyl before I waste my time getting something made.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just flat but it is slightly stretchy to stretch around the curvature of the "domed" part

7fb1df61.jpg

I'm keeping mine as well in case mine get scratched too but for now the black part is still in decent shape on mine.

micah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of that just so I can see it. Mine is really scratched up bad so I need to cover the entire circle. I guess I can try first with just a scrap piece of vinyl before I waste my time getting something made.

Check out the reflectiveconcepts.com site. They do a domed sticker that might work well for the whole center. It looks thicker which might correct the embossed center and also keep from wrinkling.

I have them doing some domed bowties for my plain TBSS centers. I'll have em next week sometime and can report back if you're interested.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you can Felix! Shoot ecordell a pm. He made me decals for the center caps on my caprice too and they came out great as well!!!

Sweeeeet thanks I'm PM'ing him now! I'm gonna get some for the Avy... tired of the gold on the center caps :Handshake:

savila1021

Reaction score
Guys my cousin has a vinyl shop. If y'all need scraps just pm ur address I'll send it for free. We have all the basic colors, black, white, red, matte black.

B'nar shredder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
before/after pics of flat black sticker from reflective concepts. '12 LTZ

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 33
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 59

Forum statistics