Adding heating steering wheel to 2007 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yea I just clipped the connector off that was part of the clockspring, extended the wires and added my own spades. I connected it to the upfitters spot on the floor by the brake pedal as pictured here on the forum. Now the heat only stays on for about 3 seconds when I hit the button, then shuts off. Do i need to add a relay? It also still appears to be drawing current somehow as the voltage fluctuates (I have a digital gauge in the truck). I'm half tempted to just go back to my orignal fuse location when the heat would work and add a toggle switch for the wheel. What's an extra step, right? The radio conrols work flawlessly.

I would double check your power source at the upfitters box and see if it's shutting off power there but not at another spot. Did you ground it there too?

You have everything to make it function properly, just take a step back and reevaluate the situation before voting with a toggle switch. There's nothing in my harness except wires.

B-Watt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would double check your power source at the upfitters box and see if it's shutting off power there but not at another spot. Did you ground it there too?

You have everything to make it function properly, just take a step back and reevaluate the situation before voting with a toggle switch. There's nothing in my harness except wires.
Thank you. Resolved the ground issue. Going to put a multimeter on the upfitter box and see what it says, definitely getting close. Thanks for your replies.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Resolved the ground issue. Going to put a multimeter on the upfitter box and see what it says, definitely getting close. Thanks for your replies.
ya sounds like you are having a voltage or ground problem, especially if it functioned fine before. use a meter...

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the heated steering wheel thicker than non-heated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019