Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look interesting. Would definitely add a little more custom touch, if it isn't stupid expensive.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look interesting. Would definitely add a little more custom touch, if it isn't stupid expensive.
$50 for one of their designs which they have about a hundred of , none that I found that I liked. The patterns like above are $75 and if you want a one-off it's $100. Not bad IMO considering they take apart the projectors, etch, then reassemble and make sure they're still aligned. I think with the demon eye and the pattern it would look badass, especially with the housing being CM'd.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are bad ass. I think it's one of those things that you'd regret not doing every time you looked at the headlights. Maybe something that matched the grille?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are bad ass. I think it's one of those things that you'd regret not doing every time you looked at the headlights. Maybe something that matched the grille?
That's a good idea. And LED switchbacks for the turns. I'll have about $600- $700 into the headlights but they will make a statement for sure. Hell I remember spending $500 for one Harley-Davidson Daymaker LED headlight for one of my bikes. Then I bought one for another of my Harleys before I found out I could retrofit a 7" Truck-Lite LED off a Jeep that worked just as good for the other two.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hood blanket came in today and even though there was still snow on the hood (and all over the ground) I decided to install it anyway. Only problem is when I ordered it I forgot it's a HD hood. It was close but some of the holes were in the wrong place and if I'm spending $150 on it, it better be perfect. eBay only charged me $6.50 to ship it back even though the box is huge. Then I looked up the correct part and eBay didn't have it; seems only the dealers have it. And they all wanted anywhere from $150- $175 to ship it to me. So this was one of those rare instances where I'm using my dealer to buy a part. The HD one will cost me $160 but I'm OK with that. I want the engine bay to look like new. Also received some new wheel studs to replace a couple broken ones I found. I'll do those when I install my NNBS brakes off the Denali onto it.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Depo headlights to do the retrofit on. I'm not comfortable doing all that work and spending that much money using an unknown brand of headlights. I've read of others installing the morimoto's on Depos. Also this way the truck won't be without headlights while I work on them, and I can take my time. I also ordered the retrofit kit, demon eyes, and etching service from TRS. The paint is ordered also. Stay tuned, this should be fun.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Depo headlights to do the retrofit on. I'm not comfortable doing all that work and spending that much money using an unknown brand of headlights. I've read of others installing the morimoto's on Depos. Also this way the truck won't be without headlights while I work on them, and I can take my time. I also ordered the retrofit kit, demon eyes, and etching service from TRS. The paint is ordered also. Stay tuned, this should be fun.

Got a pic of which etching you chose?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a pic of which etching you chose?
I haven't yet; they will get ahold of me and discuss it. I'm thinking the center one above since its close to the grill pattern. But they may have a closer match.
Edit: now that I looked at it again it's not that close of a match. I'll see what they have; there's no online catalog of the patterns, only the designs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to fix my hyperflash I've had since converting the tails to LED. I had tried adding a normal resistor made for it which I believe was 6 ohms but it had no effect. I found a YouTube on the NNBS Silverados and it said to use a 10 ohm and an 8 ohm wired in parallel so I had ordered some ceramic wirewound resistors from Radio Shack and followed the instructions. I think since the Silvys have 2 turn signal bulbs in each tail light they need more resistance. I mounted the resistors between 2 panels behind the tail lights so they can't melt anything if they get too hot. It worked like a charm, no more hyperflash.

IMG_7796.JPG IMG_7797.JPG IMG_7798.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I can't wait to see how it comes out:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10