Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter had had a hard time with the 2017 Cruze I helped her buy and a few days ago some a-hole backed out of the parking garage at college and wiped out her driver door and mirror. And didn’t leave a note. My friend who owns a body shop found me a used door and mirror and today I replaced them. The mirror is black instead if her cars color but it’s barely noticeable, and I’ll have it painted in the future, as well as touch up a few scratches. The wiring harness needed to be swapped and it was a *****, that thing was a snake. Anyway she’s all fixed up.

43FB2AD2-C644-4CB2-9769-60BD97C4C206.jpeg A67A42D8-EA5D-4E39-A623-E28AFE9FC409.jpeg B9E027E0-1AC8-4BBA-A54F-441B5B78923C.jpeg 13360F43-20C4-48BD-AF7A-15ABAFC31BBE.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My daughter had had a hard time with the 2017 Cruze I helped her buy and a few days ago some a-hole backed out of the parking garage at college and wiped out her driver door and mirror. And didn’t leave a note. My friend who owns a body shop found me a used door and mirror and today I replaced them. The mirror is black instead if her cars color but it’s barely noticeable, and I’ll have it painted in the future, as well as touch up a few scratches. The wiring harness needed to be swapped and it was a *****, that thing was a snake. Anyway she’s all fixed up.

View attachment 192929 View attachment 192930 View attachment 192931 View attachment 192932
Is that the 2nd time someone hit it? That's the harness for just the door?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The
Is that the 2nd time someone hit it? That's the harness for just the door?
The first time she hit someone else. She as really down after this one, like ready to give up on having a nice car type of down. And yes, that's just for the door. There's all kinds of stuff going in in that door. 14 wire connections, and part of it was almost impossible to reach.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The

The first time she hit someone else. She as really down after this one, like ready to give up on having a nice car type of down. And yes, that's just for the door. There's all kinds of stuff going in in that door. 14 wire connections, and part of it was almost impossible to reach.
Hopefully she won't have any more issues. Some people are just a$$holes.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided on my plan for the headlights. They've already been cleared so Im going to CM them and do a Morimoto retrofit. I ordered 2 spray cans of matching paint. I found out the paint on the truck is a bit of a surprise to me. I suspected it wasn't a GM color but what it is ....I can't tell you. It's my secret. But I will say that it depends on how the sun hits it; sometimes it seems lighter and sometimes it looks almost black. Now I have to decide if I want to go with a kit from someone like TRS or order stuff separately. It might not be enough savings to make it worth ordering parts. TRS has a kit for about $350 just made for the NNBS Silverado's. I'm thinking I want it to be a straight forward retrofit.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding demon eyes to the projectors with an RGB controller and etched projectors. I can get a pattern, or a design they already have although the Chevrolet one I don't care for. I can also do a one-off that I draw up but I'm thinking just a pattern like one of these.
trs_custom_headlight_projector_lens_etching_engraving_service_-_pattern_5_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo