Engine Misfire in V8 mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before you unplugged the injector, did the plug come out wet or more black then the others? that could mean the injector. and unless its tapping, I don't know that it's valve train.

did you do that compression test? I don't really know how you'd do that in a hybrid without maybe a tech 2 to engage the starter.

I would go to a auto parts store, buy one brand new acdelco plug and put it in there. that it runs smooth for a bit makes me thinks it's probably spark related still.
i see lots of sparks when i ground to chassis (using jumper cable) so it doesn't jump to hybrid stuff or anything else

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i see lots of sparks when i ground to chassis (using jumper cable) so it doesn't jump to hybrid stuff or anything else

sparking in the air is pretty easy.. you can have cracks in the porcelain or even something called carbon tracing in the plug you can't see, and when the cylinder pressure gets higher, it will jump to ground before reaching the tip to light the fuel.

just some stuff I've seen happen over the years. got a miss, basically put some plugs in it and go from there. they are disposable wear items.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sparking in the air is pretty easy.. you can have cracks in the porcelain or even something called carbon tracing in the plug you can't see, and when the cylinder pressure gets higher, it will jump to ground before reaching the tip to light the fuel.

just some stuff I've seen happen over the years. got a miss, basically put some plugs in it and go

I did a compression test it's only 0-3 psi So the lifter valve is stuck wide open...

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a compression test it's only 0-3 psi So the lifter valve is stuck wide open...

if you can pull the valve cover. you might find a broken valve spring. much eaiser fix than a lifter

if it is a stuck lifter, what are you going to do? they usually tick like crazy when stuck.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you can pull the valve cover. you might find a broken valve spring. much eaiser fix than a lifter

if it is a stuck lifter, what are you going to do? they usually tick like crazy when stuck.
mild tick

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely going to have to pull a cover to inspect it. were you still using the 4cyl odb2 plug thing? any chance it went into 4cyl mode?

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely going to have to pull a cover to inspect it. were you still using the 4cyl odb2 plug thing? any chance it went into 4cyl mode?
yeah it did a few time forgot to plug it in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK