Resonator delete pros and cons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redeknightjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bout a 07 Tahoe and it has a resonator! Can I have it removed with not implications? Also what are the pros and cons? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pros: cleans up the look from the rear by getting rid of the large dingleberry. Also improves sound slightly by getting rid of it.

Cons: none

xeqshnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will deleting the resonator cause any drone when the DOD kicks in?? I put Flowmaster axlebacks on my G8 GT and its noticable.

kctyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did my Denali this last weekend.
$45 tip
$60 labor
Sound is a tad deeper, mine is a 6.2L though too.

20151219_162335~2~2.jpg

NVNJ

Reaction score
Will deleting the resonator cause any drone when the DOD kicks in?? I put Flowmaster axlebacks on my G8 GT and its noticable.

It will. Not major, but definitely noticeable. I plan on getting a BB Tune anyway so I wasn't really concerned. From what I read the DoD/AFM is a problem in the making anyway so I have zero qualms about disabling it. If a tune isnt for you than I suggest Range AFM disable which is plug and play.

NCTahoe

Reaction score
I just installed my SLP resonator delete and tip and I love it. Looks great and sounds good. Slightly more aggressive sound.

BlkYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my SLP tip and resonator delete installed last week.

Definitely louder than before, especially inside. Not too bad though, about what I was looking for (I have a 3" Dynomax SuperTurbo in the place of the stock muffler)

You can clearly hear the AFM activating now. But I disabled it later that day with the DiabloSport tuner.

langsbr

Reaction score
I just put the SLP resonator delete tips on a 6.2 Escalade - I can hear a very very tiny increase in sound, but I think you'd have to KNOW it was done to know there was a change. Had it just been done, I never would have known.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM