Rear control arm question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing up the installation of a Bellrech 2/3 kit for my 04 Tahoe. What if anything should I do with/to the rear control arms? I see Belltech has a relocation bracket. I also see a full adjustable kit for the upper and lower arms. I have tha panhard bar and understand the need for it along with the offset short rear end links. But what about the rear control arms with a 3 or 4 inch drop? Ride is very important and I've done the free travel mod. TIA....

nharkey85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rode for several months with neither the relocation brackets or adjustable arms. I'm currently on a 3/6 drop with the relocation and all adjustable arms in rear

3" drop in rear usually doesn't need adjustable arms or the panhard, but the relocation brackets do help with the geometry back there.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The further you drop, the more our suspensions get out of geometry, both front to back and side to side. For a 2/3 its not usually enough to worry about. The adjustable rear control arms are to center the wheels front to rear in the wheelwells and the adjustable panhard bar is for side to side. You really only need to use them if your tires are rubbing or you don't like how it looks. I'm on a 2/3 but have 26" rims so I used the panhard to center my wheels side to side ( it was 1/2" difference) to stop the rubbing on hard left hand turns. Front to back I'm only off by 1/4" in the wheelwells so no adjustment needed. Mine's a Denali though so it might be different from yours.

OP
OP
David Paul

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for the replies. I'm on 20's so I should be good to go.......you've put my mind at ease. I should be done tomorrow..

OP
OP
David Paul

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg As requested......Same Kit as OHSIXX. Belltech 2/3
Free travel mod, DJM endlinks, panhard bar.
Also did the bigger brakes from NNBS series, electric fan with OEM harness, vet trans servo, Airaid intake.
The wheels are new to me 20". Need a tune, on the BB waiting list for NJ

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you do 4 inch it's fine

Cut bracket off frame
Do endlinks and new bumpstops,like I set them up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member