Leveled z71 broken control arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dahui

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The upper control arm ball came out of socket while driving. It has a leveling kit and chev is not going to warranty it. Anyone else have an issue with a leveling kit?
IMG_2573.jpeg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are the first i have read having this issue. While i dont think the leveling kit really is the reason it happened, i can certainly understand the dealer pushing back against it.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
Leveling kits can absolutely cause this, happened to a guy I worked with and there are plenty of stories out of this problem. You're fairly safe but not guaranteed with up to 1.5".

Leveling kits put the operating specs. on the balljoints and CV axles out of designed operation and will greatly shortening the life of the components to complete failure like his. The guy I worked with damn near rolled his truck as the tire completely broke off and went under the truck.

I have installed many lift kits on people's trucks mostly all solid front axles and a couple of IFS systems. If you know someone with a Leveling kit take a look at the balljoint angles and CV angles and you wii see why.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
The upper control arm ball came out of socket while driving. It has a leveling kit and chev is not going to warranty it. Anyone else have an issue with a leveling kit?
View attachment 416812
I personally think they aren’t making the suspensions as tough as what they once were. Just my opinion. I’ve seen 99-06 trucks leveled with over 200,000 miles and never seen this happen.
I’ve ran stacked leveling kits and lift kits on all my trucks and never had this issue either.
If I had any doubt in my front end I would replace with heavy duty replacements but for a vehicle as new as yours you definitely should not have had this issue.
I’d highly suggest in a beefy set of aftermarket control arms (cognito,fabtech,etc)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts