rcx lift 4" OR 6"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
there are a bunch of sas'd guys on pirate4x4...I was originally thinking this route, but I'd like to see how I can improve IFS and do something a little different.

Also, I estimated ~$12k to SAS with mostly new parts and labor (rebuilt axles & tcase, everything else new)

I think you'll find this pretty useful: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...hoe-SAS-project?highlight=95+2+door+Tahoe+SAS

Didn't I read a few wks ago that you weren't going to beat this truck up of yours???

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
very true...i used "beat it up" loosely...I thought you were staying off the tougher trails with that truck.

TTZ06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12k??? Whoaaa With new parts I can do it under 5k Look around you can get both axles under 1200 for a matching set. the brackets for under 1k, add a steering system for @ 500. Leave a few hundred to do driveshafts and the rest is tires and wheels. Even those can be found at a good cost

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
if you can put new parts under that rig for $5k, more power to you b/c none of the guys I've spoken to could. :)

One thing to also consider - most big insurance companies will not insure a SAS'd rig.

Some quick estimates:
Rebuilt D60 axles - $1800
Front & Rear Lockers - $1800
Alcan Springs - $1200 (front + rear)
Rims - $1000
Rebuilt NP205 tcase and mounts - $900
Shocks - $800
SFA Mounting Kit - $500
Steering - $500+
Driveshafts - $500+
Rear Disc conversion - $400
Shift Linkage - $200
Sway Bar Disconnect - $100
Traction Bar - $75
Tires - $0

Labor is $3000 for the install and there are little odds/ends that will nickle and dime you to finish this up. If you are unfamiliar with rebuilding axles and have to send them out, add a few hundred for that as well.

It can absolutely be done for under $5k, but you have to be able to do ALL the work yourself, fabricate and find really good junkyard deals. I saw a guy that did it for $2k on pirate...but his skill was WAY above most and he installed all used parts.

TTZ06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do my own fab work as well as axle building so thats a plus on my end. Insurance has full coverage that only cost me 60 a month.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get to that level one day of fab/install work, but it's slow going at the moment!

Which insurance company did you go with? I checked with mine and they would not cover.

As an aside - i'm a die-hard Corvette guy, love your dd!

TTZ06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Im using State Farm for all the cars. But I have every discount available as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo