rcx lift 4" OR 6"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setty7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 99 tahoe 4 door obs and I am looking at putting a suspension lift on it. Right now Im running aprox. 32's with about a 2" torsion crank and 2" rear blocks. I was looking at the rcx 4 or 6" lift. I know there isnt any difference except aal's for the back. I dont want to do aal's so ill probably just do 5" rear blocks and do 1" cranking to get 6" in the front. Has anyone used this lift and have pictures of it without a bl just straight up suspension?

Thanks,
Justin

Dpsthomas

Reaction score
I've been looking at the same lift. I'm pretty sure BowtieFreak has the 6" lift on his Tahoe. You can hardly view a post in the OBS section without seeing his red beauty. I'm probably going to get the 6" myself but I would prefer lift springs in the rear if I can find them.

OP
OP
S

setty7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why lift springs? Doesnt that cut down on towing? Im just wondering also. Ive heard the rcx is just a 5" differential drop and either decrank for the 4" in the front or crank one inch for 6". Is that right?

Dpsthomas

Reaction score
I want lift springs because my stock springs seem to be worn out. I think you're correct about the lift. I've read that the 6" is the same as the 4" with an AAL.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RCX is a nice kit, I run it on my suburban. the difference from the 4 to 6" kit is nothing more than the AAL. The kit even came with the longer rubber front brake lines. The kit drops the differential down about 5.25". I have been very happy with the kit, been running it for a few months now. The tahoe runs a DC lift or extremem suspensions kit....a taller 6" lift.

Lift springs are great for the back but will stiffen the ride over using just a block. A block literally just lowers teh axle and doesn't effect ride quality like a new spring. I run 6" springs on the tahoe and teh ride is stiffer. With that all said big blocks are never a great idea but they serve a purpose.

If you have more questions let me know. here are a few pictures of the suburban set around 5.5" of front lift. it is running a 35x12.5x17.

IMG_1721.jpg
IMG_1723.jpg
IMG_1720.jpg
IMG_1733.jpg
IMG_1722.jpg

OP
OP
S

setty7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have any rub with those tires? What size are they? What about specs on the rims? Thanks man! Is there a way to just get 5" blocks with the kit?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the tires are 35x12.5x17 on a 17x8 ATX mojave with 4.5" BS. Yeah they rubbed a little so I trimmed the back part of the wheel well. I rub on the tahoe which is more than 3" taller. normal driving I do not rub on either though. not sure about a 5" block. I would not do that, use the AAL

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2 door has a 6" RCX lift, no body lift, and 35" tires. Tires do not rub on anything (other than the suspension during full lock). I'll take some more pics of it tomorrow.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ted the reason you have no problems other that hitting the suspensions is because of the stock wheel. Once you start going wider and less backspacing that is where your problems start to come into play

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im going wit h that same manufacturer of lift. im getting the 6 inch lift for just the ability to have 2 inches of lift more later on down the road. but the plan is to decrank to a 4 inch with 33's then crank later on if i want to...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz