Purchasing a Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOWDERHEAD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Geez, I guess I got ripped off paying 11k for my 2011 with 179k on it, 7 antenna holes, 3 water leaks and all the usual interior butchering. I have over 2k in interior parts and various knik knacks and its still not 100%. Fortunately it was from Arizona so no rust at all.

I'm in the process of replacing the carpet, drivers seat cover and cushion. I also replaced the dash due to the cracking. That was $400 alone. I'm buried in this vehicle now.

My advice.. Find one that was used for administrative purposes, detective, supervisor etc. unless you get it real cheap, so if you sink a few grand into it, you'll still be ahead.

LiLRedWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I got a gem on e-Bay (Chicago Motors) for $11,495. 2009 former MN State Trooper vehicle with 120,000 miles and 6 plugged antenna holes. The back seat looked like it had never been sat in and had full carpeting. It did have some rust issues on the roof that I had repaired at MAACO. It also had some rust on the inside of three doors and rear hatch that I stripped, primed and repainted myself. Its a real beauty that's fun to drive and has been trouble free except for a lower ball joint repair that I also did myself. I wouldn't mind getting another one, black this time.

20161015_100745_zps6ri7ooci.jpg

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, she's a beaut man
Love the color to

LiLRedWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are some excellent PPV deals on e-Bay right now including a number of black ones.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We get some good deals in NC. Last time I went they were going for $6500 and in very good condition. Black and silver ones.

Mine is black, I wouldn't mind a silver or dark red like yours

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a real nice Red... when i see a LTZ with a nice shine on - it looks great. I Dont think there is a more un common color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645