Purchasing a Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aaron, got any pic,s you can post? Do ya need a center console ? I have a nice used center console for sale.
It an aftermarket one but it's big, and made for a Tahoe.

Thanks for the offer but the wife'll kill me if I go over budget on what I promised to spend :(. The dealer I picked up the truck from installed a mismatched light grey console that's serviceable for now.

No pics of the truck just yet, I'm hoping to revisit some of the plugged holes and do some paint touch ups on the exterior this weekend.

badbrad10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, fellow Canadian here. I too bought a x RCMP Tahoe PPV 2wd in Regina Saskatchewan. The RCMP use a lot of these in Western Canada. They are sold to public by Govt on line auction, with a reserve bid. They do a pretty good job documenting defects. Mileage from 160-190 Kms. They have 2010-2017. Mostly white, followed by black, charcoal, navy, gold, silver. Never seen a red one. I bought a 2010 in 2014 with 182,000 Kms for 6200.oo, gold mist- rare colour. It needed rear tires. Several stone chips in windshield. Eventually I replaced all 4 brakes n rotors. I have put about 20,000 Kms in 3 years no issues. Now I have leaking power steering. I added center console, carpet and 17 in alum wheels, kept the Eagle RSAS. Winter run the steels with Goodyear ultra grip. Auction prices depend on province, lots tahoes coming up $ 4500-8500. No 2015 models yet except accident ones. OPP running black tahoes to 200-260, Kms selling live bidding at North Toronto auto action once a month prices 5500-7500. Only saw 3- 2015 tahoes sell through Toronto all were white w 185kms price $18,000-20,000. Prices seem higher in USA. Think I could get 10,000 usd for my 2010 w 160 miles ? Can't upload pics !

badbrad10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20161024_173702.jpg got pic file reduced. New OEM headlights n lower air dam.new mirror covers.

Danl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,
I was curious about possibly purchasing and refurbishing a 2009-2011 PPV Tahoe for personal use. I haven't exactly made the decision yet as I wanted to see what other people have to say about them. The ones that I'm looking at are from a public police auction so they are pretty fresh off duty. The insides are stripped of the electronics and the back has plastic bench along with a couple other issues.
What I'd like to know is are there any special concerns with the PPV vehicles? Engine or transmission issues? Also, what about the sourcing of parts? Do they share a lot with the standard Tahoe's or are the parts specific to the PPV model and expensive? Will I have to get creative with installations and repairs or can I use the standard repair manual? If anyone has done this I'd appreciate their views and experiences with this. Thanks!

I have owned my 2013 Tahoe for like 3 years retired k9 at 80k and have had no issues. It is missing center counsel is All. But you can purchase one to match interior on eBay and it plugs right in. Although I previously owned a 2012 impala ppv and has issues with wiring to windows and trunk...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu