Post your setups!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackdiesel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
help

Alright I know this is going to sound dumb, but I bought a 96 tahoe that has been lifted and I think it has a 6" suspension and 3" body lift. How exactly can I tell? One of my shocks busted yesterday so I figured I would just replace the whole suspension. I have the leaf springs in the rear. I was wanting to do a dual shock set up in front and get shocks in back. Any suggestions? I was looking at the rancho or rough country set up. Has anyone used these brands? Are they decent? Also looking to get steering stabilizers? Would that be necessary? Please educate me!!!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lots of "what lift" threads in the lifted section that can fill you in on good brands.

body lift will be obvious, you will see a TON of frame! throw a picture of the truck up and we can probably tell you what your setup is.

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you mean cranking 6" is no good or it's impossible?

I couldn't help myself. One of these days I need to make a sticky for the top on common ways to lift a truck (body lift, TB crank, diff drop, SAS and so on)

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New truck! 96' 2500 hd 7.4l with 110k miles 6inch lift on 37's
Needs to be detailed and polished up but runs great

1f05eeee.jpg
f2211a65.jpg
9abe8b93.jpg