Post your setups!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattss90

Reaction score
picture.jpg

went from stock to this yesterday

6" BDS Lift
new wheels are coming today. and those are gonna be 35x12.5r16 Mickey Thompson MTZ Radials w/ mickey thompson classic III 16x10

the ones on there right now are 18x10 wheels and 33" Nitto Terra Grapplers

still running stock 3.73... but want 4.56

got a hypertech programmer installed

K&N Cold Air Intake and filter

Last edited:
OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. Get those gears ASAP before the tranny goes. Look into a Black Bear tune also over the Hypertech

mattss90

Reaction score
Nice truck. Get those gears ASAP before the tranny goes. Look into a Black Bear tune also over the Hypertech

I've heard a lot of good stuff about that tune. How much $$$ does it run for? Anything that really stands out about the tune/vs. the hypertech?

And I'm already looking into the gears. Anything you'd recommend as far a brands or maybe installing shift kits along with the gears? Maybe a price range I can possibly expect to have for both the front and read ends done by a pro?

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tune, $200 maybe? It's been a while. Contact Jenna or Justin on here and they can answer the questions you might have. As for the differences, night and day. I had a custom tune done to my truck when it already had a Hypertech tune...picked up a lot of power. Proven power on a dyno. He can custom make your tune based on what is done to your truck or do the data logging and see how the truck runs and work from there...neat stuff.

Gears, I use Yukon. I like them. I run Tru Trac limited slip too.

mattss90

Reaction score
The tune, $200 maybe? It's been a while. Contact Jenna or Justin on here and they can answer the questions you might have. As for the differences, night and day. I had a custom tune done to my truck when it already had a Hypertech tune...picked up a lot of power. Proven power on a dyno. He can custom make your tune based on what is done to your truck or do the data logging and see how the truck runs and work from there...neat stuff.

Gears, I use Yukon. I like them. I run Tru Trac limited slip too.

How much did running all of that cost you.

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My tune with the dyno time was $300. This was a few years ago. Gears and everything is not cheap. I want to say 1000-1500 in parts alone.

mattss90

Reaction score
Or he could just do this for easy power

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hahaha drop in a 5.3l. Yea that's possible but not practical yet when my motor has a crap ton of life with 83000 original miles on the truck

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
lots of great hoes on here. when my tax return comes in, in the next few days, im gonna schedule to have a 6" BDS installed and then 15x10 eagle series 186 rims and then im 80% sure im gonna roll with 35x14.5r15 Nitto Mud Grapplers. have some of those mud grapplers on my 07 silverado and they look friggen sweet. Loud as all hell but awesome.

then im gonna look into regearing it possibly. I hear 35s can be a little rough on the tranny. what gears should i go with?

ive got a 6" lift and eagle 186s lol

i made the jump to 4.56s and WOW night and day difference in how she moves

mattss90

Reaction score
ive got a 6" lift and eagle 186s lol

i made the jump to 4.56s and WOW night and day difference in how she moves

yup. i just had 4.56s put in to match my 35s. i used to hit 45mph and had to floor it to get her to move. and now theres so much low end power compared to the 3.73s its not even funny. only downside for me is the rpms now at 70mph, went from 1900 to 2500. and gas mileage went from 12.5 to im thinking 10. haha. oh well. i didnt build it to save gas.

:sorrysign: not :sorrysign:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia