Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wetsanding

Finally got around to doing some wetsanding on the Denali
1000 grit, then 2000 then 3000 (trizact)

d507.jpg

Then i used Meguiars M105 and then M205 with 2 different pads on Griot's Garage Random Orbital

d508.jpg

d509.jpg

d510.jpg

i only did the hood, which pretty much took me like 5-6 hours. Then i washed / waxed the whole thing. And drank beer.

d511.jpg

I still have a lot more to do. Got some overspray on the rear i have to remove etc..

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks so good come to Northern VA and do my truck!

ha, man. wetsanding/cut n buff is a pain in the asss. i love spraying but.. ugh. so much work that goes into a dang paint job

Masterpiece.

thanks Kenny. She still has some haze and minor swirls. not sure if i am even going to wetsand the rest of it. its either wetsand and get rid of orange peel, or leave the thick clear and its super glossy.

Nice work as always.
Still thinking about color on the wheels or nah?

thanks man. yeah, it's just really going to be a TON of work. sanding down all those small little areas and taping FOUR wheels. daunting task. Plus it always seems to me when you paint the face of a polished or chrome wheel, that it ends up looking smaller visually. so, not sure yet man. hope you been well

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave the chrome wheels haha. Good looks killer! I love the Polishing steps of detail and paint correction! It’s my jam cuz the results are usually pretty awesome!